COVID 19 Vaccination Discussion

Ross Statham

Hey bruh my body, my choice. Why you so mad? 

And I’ve heard that slogan somewhere, it sounds familiar, and usually not from the group I described above.

But I’m good with folks doing whatever they want (1) so long as they accept consequences and (2) until/unless their conduct needlessly/thoughtlessly endangers others.

My speeding car example is probably inapposite, but no helmet? Hard to argue with that, have at. Just don’t pull a Gary Busey and start lobbying for foam rubber curbs ...

Still Not Mad

1 hour ago, mike_elliott said:

Zork...written by former Mooney 201 owner and CTO of Compaq computer corp Scott Cutler

No kidding!  I LOVED Zork back in the day!  I mowed lawns - LOTS of lawns, and saved up and bought an Apple II (before the plus so it was integer basic), around 1982 or 3 and I was sort of a pirate back then - early teenager - I was in love with breaking into the rudimentary encryption systems used back then and I would break them for the sport of it.  I also wrote games back then too.

I loved Zork!  It was the best!

2 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

Missiles and satellites and such...

Aerospace industry is strong in that state.  My son is studying just that in Pasadena.

I promise - this whole thing will blow over before we know it and it will be a distant memory for the history books.  I hate masks too - but its really above my pay grade to spend a single brain cell worrying about it.

1 hour ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I have to spend next week in Santa Barbara. They are still mask crazy over there. It will suck!

It is CA but isn't mask crazy everywhere. We were in Santa Barbara a couple weekends ago just to fly and get some lunch. Put a mask on in the FBO, the shuttle driver didn't care if we had a mask, had to have one on when ordering in the restaurant but that was it. Depends on where you are and how much they want to enforce things. Lots of people walking around without masks.

I did see a guy at the stoplight on my way into work yesterday here in Orange County. He did not have a mask on, his 4-5 yo daughter did have a mask on but was climbing around inside the car with no seatbelt. I wonder what is a bigger threat to that little girl's life, Covid-19 or getting propelled through the windshield....

Just now, Skates97 said:

It is CA but isn't mask crazy everywhere. We were in Santa Barbara a couple weekends ago just to fly and get some lunch. Put a mask on in the FBO, the shuttle driver didn't care if we had a mask, had to have one on when ordering in the restaurant but that was it. Depends on where you are and how much they want to enforce things. Lots of people walking around without masks.

I did see a guy at the stoplight on my way into work yesterday here in Orange County. He did not have a mask on, his 4-5 yo daughter did have a mask on but was climbing around inside the car with no seatbelt. I wonder what is a bigger threat to that little girl's life, Covid-19 or getting propelled through the windshield....

We live in a pretty small town.  Its easy to keep 6 ft, 12ft, 20ft away from the nearest soul.   I don't wear a mask when I am walking my dog, 20ft away from all others.  My dog doesn't wear a mask either....

But its not a matter of if I think is a good idea, or not, if I wear a mask in someone else's business.  I happen to think it is a good idea, even though I really hate masks, I quite understand it.  But all that doesn't matter.  If it is a private business, it is their private property and I am a guest in their place.  Whether it is a small mom and pop store or the walmart, I am perfectly happy following the rules of the house and not making a scene.

4 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

Thanks for the info!

5 hours ago, Tony Starke said:

Hey bruh my body, my choice. Why you so mad? 

Most of us honor, and revere, the “Greatest Generation” that fought World War II because everyone pitched in and did their part.  From kids participating in scrap metal drives to Army soldiers assaulting the beaches at Normandy, we are grateful that so many were willing to serve their country.

Today, we’re not asking anyone to join the Marines and attack Iwo Jima.  We’re asking them to wear a mask and get a vaccine to combat a disease that has already killed twice the number of Americans that died during WW2.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Andy95W said:

Most of us honor, and revere, the “Greatest Generation” that fought World War II because everyone pitched in and did their part.  From kids participating in scrap metal drives to Army soldiers assaulting the beaches at Normandy, we are grateful that so many were willing to serve their country.

Today, we’re not asking anyone to join the Marines and attack Iwo Jima.  We’re asking them to wear a mask and get a vaccine to combat a disease that has already killed twice the number of Americans that died during WW2.

Amen brother! Well said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2