COVID 19 Vaccination Discussion

Ross Statham

39 minutes ago, MISSILEFLYER said:

I stated an opinion by a colleague, a counter to your narrative and that is what you give.  O.K Dr. Spock.  Not a personal attack by me.  Your response definitely was.  Thanks for the input.

Come now.  Let me catch you on this before you get blocked again and come back with identity number 5.  Not speaking to your opinion or right to opinion either way, just the fact that you have stated it and then blamed someone else as if this means you share no ownership.  I hear all sorts of opinions on all sorts of things all the time.  Those opinions I choose to repeat, repeating a specific opinion as you did, is an assertion that you support this opinion, that you share that specific opinion.  "retweet".  Then afterwards to go crawl under a rock and say, its not my fault - he said it - I share no blame.  At least own it since its your opinion.  I like it more when you at least own your opinions, whether or not I happen to agree with them, then this new thing you just did.  If not, then don't retweet troll it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Come now.  Let me catch you on this before you get blocked again and come back with identity number 5.  Not speaking to your opinion or right to opinion either way, just the fact that you have stated it and then blamed someone else as if this means you share no ownership.  I hear all sorts of opinions on all sorts of things all the time.  Those opinions I choose to repeat, repeating a specific opinion as you did, is an assertion that you support this opinion, that you share that specific opinion.  "retweet".  Then afterwards to go crawl under a rock and say, its not my fault - he said it - I share no blame.  At least own it since its your opinion.  I like it more when you at least own your opinions, whether or not I happen to agree with them, then this new thing you just did.  If not, then don't retweet troll it.

I can not own what I didn’t say. I can give another perspective from an emergency room physician as told directly to me. Believe me or not. How have I crawled under a rock?  Same physician friend stated he has been muzzled and would jeopardize his career for speaking out. It doesn’t get more REAL to me than that. I appreciate the seriousness of Covid. I search for information where I can find it. I am not paraphrasing. The quote was given to me by text.  I have been on MS for years. You and Spock both know my name and where I live. Is that a troll?  I think not. 

16 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Ahahahaaaaa - so I use your standard refrain.   Shall I quote how many times you do that little ditty?  Or can you find them yourself?  

All I can do or I am cancelled.  No personal attacks by me here Erik. Cease in fighting a fight for others. It is a hobby for you I know. 

3 minutes ago, MISSILEFLYER said:

All I can do or I am cancelled.  No personal attacks by me here Erik. Cease in fighting a fight for others. It is a hobby for you I know. 

Actually standing up for others is something I do in real life too.  Sometimes its a fault.  Sometimes its a virtue.  Its not a hobby but in my opinion standing up for people is a moral duty.  I am sorry if you see that as a hobby.

• Like 4

On 2/26/2021 at 10:09 AM, MISSILEFLYER said:

Who are the “folks” to whom you speak?  Is the vaccine suddenly “widely available to get”?  Perhaps you should go to an anti-vax’r site and provide the PSA?

Other than a questionable “19” year old helicopter pilot I thought vaccine distribution was for “others”  in healthcare and older than 60?

What am I missing?  Are there a bunch of MSers that need prodding?

What you're missing is when it's time for you to get your shot, do it.  You time will come, likely before summer is up.  Do it.  The antivaxxers are misinformed, misconstrued, and generally nuts.  You don't want COVID.  It can wipe you and and cause long-lasting symptoms that can be devastating.  Get the vaccine, whichever one they offer you.  They all work, and they're all safe.  Whatever side effect you get from the vaccine are nothing compared to the 'rona.

• Like 4

On 2/26/2021 at 12:01 PM, MISSILEFLYER said:

I can not own what I didn’t say. I can give another perspective from an emergency room physician as told directly to me. Believe me or not. How have I crawled under a rock?  Same physician friend stated he has been muzzled and would jeopardize his career for speaking out.

Guy must be a total hack.  Good physicians aren't exactly in excess, I doubt strongly any of them would be dismissed just for saying something in public they believed to be true.  Actually, this post smells hard.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thinwing said:

the last two pages have reminded me of the question ,should little Timmy get vacinated?

I thought he had been put down a few years ago. Are you saying it was just an induced coma?

• Haha 1

Slightly different Covid vaccine question...

The CDC/FAA have approved the vaccines made by Pfizer, Moderna and, recently, Johnson & Johnson. 

Here in the UK, the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine is predominantly being administered, though not exclusively.

I anticipate being in line for my first dose next month.

I was wondering what impact, if any, receiving the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine might have on my FAA medical certificate, assuming the CDC/FAA has not specifically approved this vaccine and also assuming that I am otherwise fit and healthy following my receipt of the vaccine?

16 hours ago, G-SLOT said:

Slightly different Covid vaccine question...

The CDC/FAA have approved the vaccines made by Pfizer, Moderna and, recently, Johnson & Johnson. 

Here in the UK, the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine is predominantly being administered, though not exclusively.

I anticipate being in line for my first dose next month.

I was wondering what impact, if any, receiving the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine might have on my FAA medical certificate, assuming the CDC/FAA has not specifically approved this vaccine and also assuming that I am otherwise fit and healthy following my receipt of the vaccine?

Clarification - the CDC does not approve vaccines, the FDA does, and in this case none of the vaccines have received a standard "approval", but they have all received an "emergency use authorization".

The CDC simply publishes recommendations and guidelines for the public and policymakers, and in this case they have recommended proceeding.

Here's the webpage from the FAA:

https://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=94991&fbclid=IwAR2PjGaZaXmX4UZjQCPsX-l8kG8NwAbX9mt310_7ochr5DPVMKGmKlX-MdI

• Holders of FAA-issued Airman Medical Certificates or Medical Clearances may receive the single dose Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 vaccine; however, a 48-hour No Fly/No Safety-Related Duty” interval must be observed after the injection.

The same language is used for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, but there's no statement on the Astra Zeneca vaccine yet.  My suspicion is that the FAA will not take action on people who get the AZ vaccines before they make that statement, but AME's may get CYA-itis if you need a medical in the meantime

Edited by jaylw314

2 hours ago, steingar said:

I doubt I'd even mention my vaccination on my medical.  Don't plan on going to my doctor's for it.

It's not like a flu shot, the COVID shit requires a Healthcare professional, and those visits need to be reported, don't they?

56 minutes ago, Hank said:

It's not like a flu shot, the COVID shit requires a Healthcare professional, and those visits need to be reported, don't they?

The COVID shit does not generally require a physician visit, so it is precisely like a flu shot in that respect.  The vast majority administered have been through public vaccination sites.  I probably wouldn't bother with reporting it on any medical application since, according to FAA guidance, it is not relevant after 48 hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Oops! That's what I get for typing in the sun in front of the hangar just after landing. I got my first shot at a clinic full of nurses, with doctors on patrol. Shot #2 comes next week. Pfizer. 

16 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Theoretical discussions aside - I just got my shot number one!  3 hours ago.  Wohoo!  Pfizer.  No symptoms yet.

Work your shoulder muscle and it will reduce the soreness. I leaned over my desk and put weight on it and twisted it around. It was tender to the touch for a little over 24 hours, but the soreness that was starting at 3-4 hours went away and stayed gone.

• Like 1