Maxwell Interior

N205S

13 hours ago, Schllc said:

I never thought the sheepskin was attractive, and it just seemed like it would be hot and get soggy with sweat. 
I didn’t actually realize I liked them until I flew with them for a few months, then took them off. 
I missed them so much I put them back in and ordered some for my truck. 
they really do make the cold warmer and the hot cooler. 
I will have them in anything I fly now. 
they make any seat, more comfortable to me. 
to each their own. 

There's probably a reason that Boeing has equipped pilot seats with them for decades now.

747Seats.jpg

Another sheepskin hater here.

You sit too high and are too far forward they are too thick. Mess up the seat position. Makes the seat too short to support thighs properly. You lose the thickness of the cover in rear seat legroom. My dad who was 8” shorter than me loved them in his Mercedes. I was uncomfortable between them and the wheel and I’m only 6’ tall. As low as the seats on my Mooney could go I would occasionally hit the ceiling in rough turbulence. Less headroom would be a not starter.
Do they stink too?

photos below are the seats I had redone years ago. The big improvement was the high back. Much more comfortable that way.

1ABEA87C-15E6-4AFF-89FE-5E3D4F721899.jpeg

953CCA13-0A54-4140-BECF-3D65093082AE.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hank said:

I'm not sure 20 pilots have flown my plane since she left the factory in 1970. Certainly in the last dozen years it's been only 2 people in the left seat, and I heard no complaints about odors from my allegedly-smelly rear end . . . .

How many people fly your Mooney?

I don’t have them in my Mooney so I wasn’t referring to that plane. Just my experience flying other people’s planes with them. 

When I redid my seats I went with Conforfoam on the seat bottoms and leather with FAA approved wool inserts.  The wool fabric costs more than leather but it is “breathable” and not as hot or cold as leather.  The combination of Conforfoam and wool makes a very comfy seat for long trips.

image.thumb.jpeg.4a836dae37d6ce483e94f372a75aa497.jpeg

On 1/28/2021 at 8:51 AM, aviatoreb said:

Wonderful!

I don't know if you have time to consider an adjustment to your order, but when I went from cloth to leather, I had the leather "perforated" (lots of tiny holes) at the back and it is really nice and breathable.  Also you can have things about the way the seats feel and fit changed by changing the layering of the foam and nature of the foam.  I had them use some memory foam, plus build up the lumbar support plus build up the length of the bottom cushions on the from seats since being tall I felt like they were too short and I was sort of perched on the end of them.  They feel completely different now.

E

Good advice. I'm in Texas so if I go the leather route, I'll make sure it's perforated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N205S said:

Good advice. I'm in Texas so if I go the leather route, I'll make sure it's perforated.

I'm just 15 miles South of the Canadian border....but even in the Great White North, we love little holes in the leather.  Highly recommend.

I can attest its nice - when I fly South in the summer it can attest it really helps.