Looking for a Fiki Ovation

Yariv

1 hour ago, Niko182 said:

you should be able to learn how to use the G1000 during basic VFR flight.

Haha, I am looking to be IFR proficient using it, the rest is easy. I did fly it from Minnesota to Washington in IFR but did not need to shoot any approaches, it was all visual approaches.

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

Good luck learning the G1000 quickly...  this is a genuine wish for good luck...  it shouldn’t  be that hard...

Best regards

Thank you Carusoam:-), I will post pictures soon.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yariv said:

I finally found my next Ovation - 2004 Ovation 2 GX, Fiki, G1000, and GFC700. My next expensive purchase will be an external power unit so that I can play with the G1000 without draining the battery.

Someone spent a ton of money taking out the STec 55X autopilot that was originally in that airplane and installing the GFC700 which didn't get approved for Mooneys until 2007-ish. Is it WAAS equipped?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

Someone spent a ton of money taking out the STec 55X autopilot that was originally in that airplane and installing the GFC700 which didn't get approved for Mooneys until 2007-ish. Is it WAAS equipped?

It is WAAS. This is one of the first Ovations that was loaned to Garmin to do these tests early on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yariv said:

Here it is

image.jpeg

Congratulations! You have what I think is the first G1000 Ovation ever made (serial #29-0333). 29-0332 was definitely a DX (Non G1000).  The GX Mooney was given FAA approval in December 2004 and I noticed your A/W certificate is in early January 2005. I think your airplane was used in a Flying Magazine article in early 2005. (https://www.flyingmag.com/pilot-reports/pistons/mooney-ovation2-gx/) The fact that yours has the GFC700, WAAS and FIKI makes it very desirable. You must be excited!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

Congratulations! You have what I think is the first G1000 Ovation ever made (serial #29-0333). 29-0332 was definitely a DX (Non G1000).  The GX Mooney was given FAA approval in December 2004 and I noticed your A/W certificate is in early January 2005. I think your airplane was used in a Flying Magazine article in early 2005. (https://www.flyingmag.com/pilot-reports/pistons/mooney-ovation2-gx/) The fact that yours has the GFC700, WAAS and FIKI makes it very desirable. You must be excited!

Garmin had it on loan in late 2004 and then it was sold to the first customer in early 2005 with the G1000. The customer upgraded it to WAAS and switched to GFC700 in 2007 I think. Yes, I am very excited to own this capable airplane and cannot wait until I as comfortable with it as I was with the previous Ovation that had Garmin 530 and KFC-150:-). The Ovation displayed in the Flying magazine has the same paint scheme as mine.

• Like 1