Mooney Check out M20E

Dgira23

Afternoon Everyone, just purchased a mooney m20E and need to ferry it from California to Florida in two weeks. I've flown in Cessna's and Piper Arrow's but never a mooney. I'm in Miami and was wondering anyone in the area to do a check out and some training in a mooney this weekend. I've heard the landings can be tricky to master. 

Thanks

Welcome aboard Dg...

Did you want to mention the specific cities as well?

Do you want to be part of the delivery flight?

Much of the flight can count towards your transition training...

My favorite CFII in FL is @mike_elliott see if you can get on his schedule... there is an elevated level of training going on lately...

Many Mooneys are changing hands...

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

17 hours ago, Dgira23 said:

Afternoon Everyone, just purchased a mooney m20E and need to ferry it from California to Florida in two weeks. I've flown in Cessna's and Piper Arrow's but never a mooney. I'm in Miami and was wondering anyone in the area to do a check out and some training in a mooney this weekend. I've heard the landings can be tricky to master. 

Thanks

Congratulations Dgira23,

Don’t worry about fast floaty landings or any other rumors you hear about in a Mooney, fantastic airplane and you’ll have no issues at all if you fly it by the numbers.

For a Mooney cfi in FL you may want to talk to @MooneyPoor. He is a professional pilot, multiple Mooney owner and all around nice guy.  If your schedules line up it I’d recommend flying with him.

If you need assistance on the ferry flight I’d love the opportunity to do it for you.  I just completed a trip moving @Stephan‘s M20F to KOAK for new owner @johnnyu, I think they’ll both say I’m the right guy for the job!   @Flybeech21 is another personal reference on the forum here, he’s tested my Mooney flying skills to the limits.  I can provide a detailed quote and I’ll do my best to keep expenses lower than estimated. I’m Commercial ASEL/AMEL, IFR, and Private pilot glider. HP, Complex, Tailwheel, Tow pilot, and also self-launch motorglider endorsed.  As a M20F owner with over 425hrs of mostly short field/grass Mooney time and 875hrs total time, insurance coverage will not be an issue.

Enjoy your new Mooney!

-Joe

77o-776-9oo7

On 1/18/2021 at 3:13 PM, Dgira23 said:

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words @Culver LFA   I’d like to help out @Dgira23 just let me know what you’re thinking you’d like to do. 

On 1/19/2021 at 7:13 AM, Culver LFA said:

Congratulations Dgira23,

Don’t worry about fast floaty landings or any other rumors you hear about in a Mooney, fantastic airplane and you’ll have no issues at all if you fly it by the numbers.

For a Mooney cfi in FL you may want to talk to @MooneyPoor. He is a professional pilot, multiple Mooney owner and all around nice guy.  If your schedules line up it I’d recommend flying with him.

If you need assistance on the ferry flight I’d love the opportunity to do it for you.  I just completed a trip moving @Stephan‘s M20F to KOAK for new owner @johnnyu, I think they’ll both say I’m the right guy for the job!   @Flybeech21 is another personal reference on the forum here, he’s tested my Mooney flying skills to the limits.  I can provide a detailed quote and I’ll do my best to keep expenses lower than estimated. I’m Commercial ASEL/AMEL, IFR, and Private pilot glider. HP, Complex, Tailwheel, Tow pilot, and also self-launch motorglider endorsed.  As a M20F owner with over 425hrs of mostly short field/grass Mooney time and 875hrs total time, insurance coverage will not be an issue.

Enjoy your new Mooney!

-Joe

77o-776-9oo7

@Culver LFA Thank you for the reference and the offer to fly the mooney. First lets see if I can close this deal. If I am not able to make the ferry flight myself I will definitely let you know

Thank you

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 1:25 AM, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard Dg...

Did you want to mention the specific cities as well?

Do you want to be part of the delivery flight?

Much of the flight can count towards your transition training...

My favorite CFII in FL is @mike_elliott see if you can get on his schedule... there is an elevated level of training going on lately...

Many Mooneys are changing hands...

Best regards,

-a-

@carusoam I am based here in Miami but I won't mind making the drive this weekend for availability. I am open for different options depending on costs.