Ducting replacement

MooneyAcolyte

Quick question for the owners-maintainers: can you legally replace a duct with a part number (e.g. the air duct for cabin air to heater mixer P/N 640001-027) by cut-to-length ducting from aircraft spruce (https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/scat.php) in the frame of preventive maintenance? Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge. 

Edited by MooneyRookie

3 hours ago, MooneyRookie said:

Quick question for the owners-maintainers: can you legally replace a duct with a part number (e.g. the air duct for cabin air to heater mixer P/N 640001-027) by cut-to-length ducting from aircraft spruce (https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/scat.php) in the frame of preventive maintenance? Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge. 

Part 43 App A part c(21) says you can replace any hose end except hydraulic.  

Arguing will probably commence from there, whether or not it is OPP, etc..

Whatever your IA says is the opinion that matters, since he'll approve or not at your annual anyway.

• Like 3

I use this guy up in Maine. He produces a really nice product, with the ends nicely finished. Measure precisely as he builds them precisely. I suggest using 2 inches rather than 1.5 on the doubler on the ends. His hose is top quality and his work is first rate. My IA was very impressed.

http://www.fairpoint.net/~kinney/

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GeeBee said:

I use this guy up in Maine. He produces a really nice product, with the ends nicely finished. Measure precisely as he builds them precisely. I suggest using 2 inches rather than 1.5 on the doubler on the ends. His hose is top quality and his work is first rate. My IA was very impressed.

http://www.fairpoint.net/~kinney/

These are what I have on my plane. They are worth the money. Which isn’t much.

• 3 months later...

Hello All,  I’ve recently purchased Custom Ducts from Jonathan Kinney.  Jonathan will be a technical advisor for the company.  Please feel free to contact me if you need any Sceet or Scat ducting. Website will be updated soon but for now please visit my website www.customducts.net or call 860-885-4849. I look forward to helping. 
Kind Regards 

Nathan Jacobs

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Nathan.

For the most part, MS is a commercial free zone...

There are some vendors here... they are supporting members...

If you would like to be a supporter... let us know.  We can put you in touch with the guy that handles the commercial aspect...

If you have a Mooney... we’d love to hear about it... :)

Best regards,

-a-

On 4/24/2021 at 12:14 AM, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard Nathan.

For the most part, MS is a commercial free zone...

There are some vendors here... they are supporting members...

If you would like to be a supporter... let us know.  We can put you in touch with the guy that handles the commercial aspect...

If you have a Mooney... we’d love to hear about it... :)

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks for your insight.  Is it ok that Gee-Bee lies and bashes other companies on Mooney space, and you don't correct him?  I do not use a home oven, nor has Gee-bee been to my shop to know that.  Is Mooney Space a place to cut down other companies?

Regards

Nathan Jacobs 

Custom Ducts

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Custom Ducts said:

Thanks for your insight.  Is it ok that Gee-Bee lies and bashes other companies on Mooney space, and you don't correct him?  I do not use a home oven, nor has Gee-bee been to my shop to know that.  Is Mooney Space a place to cut down other companies?

Regards

Nathan Jacobs 

Custom Ducts

We don't have a moderator or fact checkers other than the members. When somebody says something that isn't right the members usually call BS pretty quickly.

Which you did. The process is working...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Custom Ducts said:

Regards

Nathan Jacobs 

Custom Ducts

Thanks for your input...

Too bad you took the low road.

I tried to give you a hand.

But you wanted to sink further...

I like that MS is mostly commercial free...

It keeps the whining sales guys from hanging out here...

You could have discussed how good your product is, and why somebody with a Mooney would want it...

Instead you tried beating up an MSer...

It looks like your marketing plan is to follow GB around and whine...

It didn’t go over very well...

How many sets of hoses am I going to buy? In my lifetime?

Thanks for playing.

:)

Some venders have really great products, and terrible marketing skills... it can be tough being an engineer in a sales environment...

Rule #1... be nice to everyone...

Best regards,

-a-

• Haha 1