On 1/17/2021 at 4:05 PM, kortopates said:

The Bravo seems to be the most under valued airframe in the fleet for some time now. It doesn't make sense IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think people shy away from the turbo and high fuel consumption. It's easy to compare an Encore or 252 to a Bravo and balk at 18-19 gph cruise. Again, its all about what you want and are willing to pay for. Both 252s and Bravos are great airplanes. I went with a Bravo because when running the TAS and fuel burn, for long distance travel it isn't a huge difference. I've flown and owned both NA and turbo aircraft. For long distance travel, I'd take a turbo any day. I typically fly in the high teens and low FLs and usually hear, "cleared direct destination" 500+ miles out. I am very happy with my Bravo. 

• Like 4

On 1/18/2021 at 10:14 PM, carusoam said:

I got to pick up the top of a raw carbon fiber O cowl... at the last KOSH event... while speaking with Kevin Kramer...

Incredibly light...

For each pound up front, a similar lead weight comes out of the back... proper WnB calcs are important...

We would be double dipping in UL benefits! :)

-a-

Turbos are generally nose heavy and the CG with two full sized adults in the front seats and no luggage, is at or over the limit. Even if a counterweight does not come out, it would be a big help in my aircraft. I am hearing 70-80 lbs. lighter, which is hard to believe, but it came from a good source.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jlunseth said:

Turbos are generally nose heavy and the CG with two full sized adults in the front seats and no luggage, is at or over the limit. Even if a counterweight does not come out, it would be a big help in my aircraft. I am hearing 70-80 lbs. lighter, which is hard to believe, but it came from a good source.

Don't forget that the M20K standard fuel is quite a bit higher than M20J standard fuel.  So that is part of why the lower full fuel useful load.  Of course the other part is the engine.