Interesting Lake Photos

About 2 weeks ago I was up for an early morning flight.  It was quite cold, at least for North Central Texas.  It was in the mid 30's.  I took these two photos.  The first photo is of a discharge lake for a power plant.  Notice the low cloud and fog formation that takes the exact shape of the lake.  The water must have been much warmer due to the discharge than the air just above it.

The second photo is of Lake Granbury which is only about 5 miles north of the first lake, photo taken on the same day just a minute or 2 apart. It is not a discharge lake so the water was a lot colder and thus no clouds or fog.  I thought it was interesting weather phenomenon but I am a geek for weather. :D

Power Plant Discharge Lake photo.jpg

Lake Granbury Photo.jpg

• Like 12

9 hours ago, Hugemiester said:

That’s amazing! The second pic looks more like a river than a lake.

Well it is sort of. Just about every lake of any size in Texas is man made by damming a river. The only one that was naturally formed was Caddo Lake which was formed by a log jam called the Great Raft that dammed the Red River naturally but then later was cleared and a man made dam was put in place.