Best Mooney shop in the state ...or closest to Melbourne (KMLB)

TheStig

Hey guys, thanks for the great advice on avionics shops. 

However, the pre-purchase inspection revealed some things that will need to be fixed. Rather than wait 8 weeks on the shop that discovered the issues, we have decided to bring the plane home and we'll need to get it fixed here in Florida. Plane will be base at KMLB and I have yet to figure out what is the best local shop for a Mooney or even where there is a Mooney service center. 

The items are not airworthy items but things like gear door adjustment, baffle fixes, some leaking oil seals and so forth. Stuff we'll want to get fixed soon but not something that makes it unsafe to fly for now.

If you have good experience with a shop at or near KMLB please let me know and if there is a preferred MSC in the state with a good reputation too. I wish I could take it out to Don but it's a long way to Longview.

Thanks!

Stig

On 12/28/2020 at 2:07 PM, MATTS875 said:

Yes. I agree. I would like to stay at 200k or less. I have seen some great deals on the Bravo but a little concerned about the cost to maintain and overhaul vs the ovation. I think I would enjoy the turbo when needed but most of my flying is 6-8k

Cole Aviation in Dalton, GA isn't terribly far...great MSC.  

I had my last annual done at Daytona Aircraft Services..another MSC and had a good experience.  They're an avionics shop, but believe others have had a hit or miss relationship with them. 

Premier is an MSC, at FXE.  They did the pre-buy on my J in July.  There's been a few things that came up since, but not showstoppers.  For the most part they were right-on and pretty easy to deal with.  Cost a little more, but most MSCs do.  I would use them again if I found myself in Florida.

I have given DAS at DAB about 50k over last three years....I am heading to Phil at Avon Park tomorrow so he can fix problems that DAS created,,,does that tell you anything.....

the video is showing how DAS installed a brand new throttle cable....this is the second cable and of course I had to pay for the first one.  and the repairs ever since.....

Phil just fixed it the correct way with parts from Mooney.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1