PRICE LOWERED - 1967 M20F For Sale Aspen/Garmin asking $83,900 - now $77,900

mschmuff

1967 Mooney M20F

IO-360-A1A (2000hr TBO)

Hartzel Prop with “B” hub no AD

TTAF – 4520                                                                                                Tach Times last 5 annuals

SMOH – 1350                                                                                             2020 - 4376

SPOH – 989                                                                                                 2019 - 4212

Useful Load – 1032                                                                                   2018 - 4090

2017 - 3927

Annual – due April 2021                                                                         2016 - 3789

IFR Cert – due Oct 2021

Compressions 78/80, 79/80, 78/80, 79/80                                     Location – KILG / 2W6

Performance:

155kts TAS ROP 10.5gph  +/- 5kts depending on gross weight and atmospheric conditions

145kts TAS LOP 9gph  +/- 5kts depending on gross weight and atmospheric conditions

Damage History from the 80’s / Deer Strike in 2013

Aspen EFD1000pro

Aspen EA100 Autopilot converter

Garmin GNS430Waas

Garmin GMA340 audio panel

Garmin GTX330ES ADS-B out

Garmin GDL39-3D ADS-B in

Garmin GPS796 hardwired to G430w (weather, traffic and flight plans)

Narco mk12d nav/comm w/ glideslope  OH’d 2020

Century III autopilot w/ Altitude hold

JPI EDM730 color engine monitor w/ fuel flow

Tanis engine heater

LED lights all around

Electric gear

Pilot and copilot push to talk

All speed mods for 201 except windshield

Aileron and flap gap seals

Wing root and dorsal fairings

Oil cooler relocation

Wheel well seals

Recent Maintenance:

12/2020 – Overhauled entire Exhaust system

3/2019 – Top overhaul Aero Engines of Winchester (burns 1qtr / 10hrs)

1/2019 – Right fuel tank full strip and reseal

1/2018 – All new engine hoses

11/2017 – New airspeed indicator & New alternator and starter

2/2017 – Autopilot overhaul ($5000 AP Central Tulsa,OK) & New fuel pump

2/2015 – New Camshaft and Lifters

4/2015 – Paint and Interior & Left fuel tank patch

3/2013 – All new landing gear biscuits

Dash1.jpg

exterior1.JPG

exterior2.JPG

interior1.JPG

interior2.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like a nice airplane, but a high time engine at $84K scares me off.  But then again, I can be overly cautious.

Personally I think you’re better off getting a high time engine. If there is any surprises you don’t have as much invested. I bought mine with ~1500 hours.

7 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

Personally I think you’re better off getting a high time engine. If there is any surprises you don’t have as much invested. I bought mine with ~1500 hours.

I don't disagree, as long as it's factored into the price.

If the description of the engine and the price are on the same page... 

You can consider it as being factored in...

Otherwise... all pre-flown Mooneys would start with brand new prices...

This will help you organize your negotiations...

Cull your selections carefully this way...

There is a real shortage of Mooneys on the market lately... we are starting to see the return of 2007 prices...again...

Still a pretty good deal... 2007 prices are 14 years old...  :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 3

I wouldn't consider 1350 "high time". 

If TBO is 2000, 1350 is closer to mid-time. I'd say this is priced pretty well. It's flying more than 100 hours per year for the last five years and it's got better than average useful load. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

I wouldn't consider 1350 "high time". 

If TBO is 2000, 1350 is closer to mid-time. I'd say this is priced pretty well. It's flying more than 100 hours per year for the last five years and it's got better than average useful load. 

Agreed, with a recent top there’s no reason why this couldn’t spin for another 1500 hrs. Lots of value IMO especially with a well sorted avionics package. 

That's a good price for that plane.  1350 SMOH that's nothing.  You can go past TBO with good compressions.  My friends plane went to 2478 before overhauling it.  The plane never sat more than a week without flying and it was in a hanger.  

• Like 2

On 3/5/2021 at 10:14 AM, PAllen said:

Looks like a nice airplane, but a high time engine at $84K scares me off.  But then again, I can be overly cautious.

That's funny....high time engine....1350 SMOH..... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PeteV said:

In addition to the deer strike in 2013, the FAA says there was a gear up landing short of the runway in 1984.  Were you the owner then?  

this is an odd way to get a response to what you might be asking...

Notice the MSer above you handling a matter privately...

GU landings 30 some odd years ago... is kind of ancient history...

A PPI takes care of how well any repairs have been made...

a Log book review can get you to the point of making plans to have a PPI done...

If your intention is to learn about the plane in order to purchase... you want to work on your delivery... :)

If your intention is to trash an item for sale on MS... call it successful, move on...

Expect that every buyer has to do their due diligence... 

Trashing somebody else’s plane for sale won’t be helpful for anyone...

PP thoughts only, some planes don’t get advertised here specifically for this reason...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Sorry everyone for not responding sooner!  Been on my annual pilgrimage to Florida.  Just did 20 hours in her! (2qrts of oil)   She never disappoints!!! Flew great!!

MD - Charleston (1 round of golf)

Charleston - SSI (2 rounds of golf)

Dropped my pax off in Tallahassee - yup that was me!

Continued to Destin, Ft Myers, & N Palm Beach County

Back to SSI, Wilmington NC.......

Then to FN Dulles to go through the TSA Gateway (total cluster) so I could get into Wilmington DE because our President came home for the weekend again!  And just got the email he'll be back Tuesday and Wednesday.  Guess he wants to celebrate St Pats day in DE!  The next 4 years are gonna be tough for GA in DE!

Great comment Carusoam!!!

Ad says damage history in the 80's.  If that scares you off - no worries!

I am the reason it hasn't sold - I have had requests by no less than a dozen people for the logs.  I just got home today and will have them scanned in and emailed out this week! 

• Like 6

On 3/14/2021 at 9:37 PM, mschmuff said:

a dozen people for the logs.  I just got home today and will have them scanned in and emailed out this week! 

Is that a good idea to have digital copies of all the logs floating around?  Kinda makes up half the value and you have no control over who now has them.

Any "Serious" buyer will make arrangements to have them inspected in person. 

1 hour ago, KB4 said:

Is that a good idea to have digital copies of all the logs floating around?  Kinda makes up half the value and you have no control over who now has them.

Maybe that was the case 10 years ago, but no longer. And what is the problem with someone having digital copies of the logs? 

A savvy buyer today will want to see the logs probably before even making a trip to view the plane. It's just about become SOP in the Mooney community to get digital copies of the logs sent to Laura at SWTA for inspection before putting too much effort into the purchase. She doesn't work for free, so there is skin in the game and not just a bunch of tire kickers. 

I know that myself and quite a few brokers won't recommend airplanes that don't have digital copies of the log books available for inspection.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

A savvy buyer today will want to see the logs probably before even making a trip to view the plane.

This is the only relevant argument.  If you can't/won't provide digital copies of the logs in 2021, about 90% of the potential market (real buyers, not tire kickers) aren't even going to consider your airplane, much less come look at it in person.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KB4 said:

Heartbroken to learn I was not a serious buyer when I bought my plane, since I foolishly spent hours reviewing the inferior digital logs.

Also there's no inherent value to the logs themselves, it doesn't matter how many copies there are.  It only matters whether the original logs come with the sale of the airplane.

• Like 1