M20J Type Certificate

bbakerco

All,

Does anyone have, or know where to get a copy of the M20J type certificate?  I did a cursory search of Mooneyspace and didn't see anything and also did a google search that would take me to the FAA but then it dead ended with type certificate procedures.  My questions are related to the equipment required in the AC for it's certificate to be valid.  Going beyond the TOMATOFLAMES minimums to be M20J specific.

Thanks,

Bryan 

18 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

Does anyone know what happened to H, I, N, O, P &Q in the Mooney line up?  Seems that some letters were skipped.

Clarence

Interesting question. It's common to omit I, O and Q in nomenclature such as connector pinouts because of the possible confusion with 1 and 0, but I have no idea if that has any bearing on this. And, that doesn't explain H, N and P.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PT20J said:

Interesting question. It's common to omit I, O and Q in nomenclature such as connector pinouts because of the possible confusion with 1 and 0, but I have no idea if that has any bearing on this. And, that doesn't explain H, N and P.

^^That.   It's pretty common practice to skip certain revision letters so that they're not confused with preceding or following model/part/type/whatever numbers.

Plus it's also not unusual for projects to be assigned revision letters or model numbers and then for whatever reason they never make it into the wild.

I read recently that an H model was dropped during development. Probably skipped P because M20P is the ATC code for NA Mooney, as M20T for our turbo brethren. 

No clue why N was skipped, but remember, the M20-M is when names became popular, and when the engine was changed it took on the modification "Bravo" as its name. Followed by Ovation, Eagle, Acclaim, et. al.

• Like 2