New Mooney Pilot

therealjaybird

5 hours ago, Mcstealth said:

So that year is in the WAAS problem area with Garmin and Mooney. Beautiful bird though. I called and left a message with @Dmax and asked to call me back. See if they can clear up the discrepancy. 

The Mooney representative I spoke with a few months ago (he called me, but sure don’t recall his name at this moment..... possibly another age related issue :rolleyes:) told me for the 2005 airplanes ( most of them I believe), Garmin was unable to deliver their autopilots to Mooney.  

Mooney neeeded to deliver the airplanes so they installed the  Stec55.

Maybe I’ll recall his name during sleep tonight :blink:

8 minutes ago, MooneyMitch said:

The Mooney representative I spoke with a few months ago (he called me, but sure don’t recall his name at this moment..... possibly another age related issue :rolleyes:) told me for the 2005 airplanes ( most of them I believe), Garmin was unable to deliver their autopilots to Mooney.  

Mooney neeeded to deliver the airplanes so they installed the  Stec55.

Maybe I’ll recall his name during sleep tonight :blink:

i think i recall something similar with cessnas. they ended up putting a bendix king auto pilot in for about 2-3 years before getting the gfc700. 

Negotiations 101...

1) When the seller lists everything the plane comes with...

2) the price

3) When it is available...

4) How are you going to negotiate the price when it doesn’t have something?

5) there are two people looking for Bravos around here currently...   How do you think that affects the negotiations..?

6) There are more Bravo owners around here, than Bravo want to be owners... 

7) It might not be wise to show you negotiation plans publicly... :)

PP thoughts only, not a machine sales guru...

Best regards,

-a-

12 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Negotiations 101...

1) When the seller lists everything the plane comes with...

2) the price

3) When it is available...

4) How are you going to negotiate the price when it doesn’t have something?

5) there are two people looking for Bravos around here currently...   How do you think that affects the negotiations..?

6) There are more Bravo owners around here, than Bravo want to be owners... 

7) It might not be wise to show you negotiation plans publicly... :)

PP thoughts only, not a machine sales guru...

Best regards,

-a-

criticism noted.  only way to learn about a mooney, is to talk to someone who likes mooneys. 

...maybe the brokers are lurking here...

Anyone selling Mooneys is lurking here... individuals, brokers, the good, and the other ones...

Some are out in the open, not so much lurking...

The criticism comes from decades of selling commercial machines...

some things are negotiable... like the ad says it has a GPS in it... you take it flying and the GPS fails to operate... you have something to negotiate... getting it fixed or getting it replaced or lowering the price...

If a plane doesn’t have WAAS... the Ad doesn’t mention it... You, being the smart buyer, ask about it... in the event the seller forgot to mention the upgrade...

You can always offer a lower price than listed... that is up to you... this isn’t a negotiation technique... this is making an offer...

Check what the market is doing lately... including the housing market... and even new cars... the inventories are unusually low... the negotiations aren’t very strong...  Demand is stripping the supply...

Interest rates are incredibly low, making money very inexpensive...

When you find the Mooney that you want... work quickly to anchor down the deal...  PPIs are very important...

PP thoughts only...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Just now, carusoam said:

Anyone selling Mooneys is lurking here... individuals, brokers, the good, and the other ones...

some things are negotiable... like the ad says it has a GPS in it... you take it flying and the GPS fails to operate... you have something to negotiate... getting it fixed or getting it replaced or lowering the price...

If a plane doesn’t have WAAS... the Ad doesn’t mention it... You, being the smart buyer, ask about it... in the event the seller forgot to mention the upgrade...

You can always offer a lower price than listed... that is up to you... this isn’t a negotiation technique... this is making an offer...

Check what the market is doing lately... including the housing market... and even new cars... the inventories are unusually low... the negotiations aren’t very strong...  Demand is stripping the supply...

When you find the Mooney that you want... work quickly to anchor down the deal...  PPIs are very important...

PP thoughts only...

Best regards,

-a-

Anything is available for the right price...including Bravos. ;)  

3 minutes ago, daytonabch04 said:

Anything is available for the right price...including Bravos. ;)  

Houses in NJ are selling above asking prices...

People have been escaping from NYC for a year... driving this local phenomena...

The ability to work from home makes this more interesting...

Again, it’s a similar relationship of limited supply, and bolstered demand...

Covid Vaccines may make this situation reversible, but it doesn’t look like that will happen for a long time...  

Best regards,

-a-

8 hours ago, therealjaybird said:

https://www.controller.com/listing/for-sale/200006243/2005-mooney-m20m-gx-bravo-piston-single-aircraft

so thats the listing for the bravo we were looking at. there was another bravo that was listed just before Christmas but sold the day after we found the listing (seller was asking $230k). 

The listing also shows this:

• GTX 330 Integrated Mode S Transponder / TIS Traffic

Garmin 345 ADS-B In & Out

I don't think it needs two transponders... but traffic awareness capability is great imho.

good luck in your search!

5 minutes ago, carusoam said:

PP thoughts only...

Best regards,

-a-

yep, not my first rodeo in negotiating.

we've noticed the airplane market shifted suddenly. other brokers we have talked to locally have said the same thing, the supply just isnt there. which basicly says, the people without money have already sold and those with money, havent sold yet. 

all this is probably my fault. i got a bad luck of always entering markets when they hit the fan. turned 16 in 2008, excited to get to start driving. graduated college in 2015, construction market wasnt doin to hot at the time. now trying to buy an airplane during covid. sorry guys, my fault. :D

• Haha 2

Just now, jonhop said:

The listing also shows this:

• GTX 330 Integrated Mode S Transponder / TIS Traffic

Garmin 345 ADS-B In & Out

I don't think it needs two transponders... but traffic awareness capability is great imho.

good luck in your search!

I personally do like this plane but without WAAS and an STEC, I'd be leery.  If an NXI and GFC500/600 would be an option, I'd probably jump on it.  I need to upgrade my Bravo to something with TKS. :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daytonabch04 said:

I personally do like this plane but without WAAS and an STEC, I'd be leery.  If an NXI and GFC500/600 would be an option, I'd probably jump on it.  I need to upgrade my Bravo to something with TKS. :D

if the gfc700 came with the blue lvl button, it would be perfect. but i guess people flying a gfc700 are competent and dont need lvl help. ^_^

It comes in cycles... it won’t be your last rodeo either...

Some market/economic events take years to recover from...

This was a nice way of saying... don’t drag your feet...   without making it obvious...  :)

Buying a plane at a normal pace can take a month... 

Adept buyers can easily do it in half the time...

First time buyers, or not having Mooney experience tend to wait a day here or there trying to figure out the next best step...

It can be disappointing to go visit a plane you were thinking seriously about... and find that somebody has put a down payment on it...

The same person, magically is better prepared the next time around... 

Know your budget, know what you are looking for, go see it immediately... because somebody else will...

:)

I don’t recommend buying things without at least seeing them... but other people don’t have the same fear as me...

PP thoughts only...

Best regards,

-a-

On 1/12/2021 at 3:30 PM, MooneyMitch said:

Welcome Jay!

Stay with us regardless of how the Bravo evolves .  

There’s a plethora of Bravo (and other Mooney models) information here.  Lots of incredibly knowledgeable helpful folks too!

I told you so ......... LOL. :D

13 hours ago, carusoam said:

It comes in cycles... it won’t be your last rodeo either...

Some market/economic events take years to recover from...

This was a nice way of saying... don’t drag your feet...   without making it obvious...  :)

Buying a plane at a normal pace can take a month... 

Adept buyers can easily do it in half the time...

First time buyers, or not having Mooney experience tend to wait a day here or there trying to figure out the next best step...

It can be disappointing to go visit a plane you were thinking seriously about... and find that somebody has put a down payment on it...

The same person, magically is better prepared the next time around... 

Know your budget, know what you are looking for, go see it immediately... because somebody else will...

:)

I don’t recommend buying things without at least seeing them... but other people don’t have the same fear as me...

PP thoughts only...

Best regards,

-a-

I bought my Bravo sight unseen, having never flown in a Mooney before.  Luckily, it was at a reputable MSC for an annual and I happened to know the owner's son.  ^_^  Gave me his no BS opinion on it and completed the sale...even without a separate PPI.  Worked out good going on 2.5 years with no major issues.  In this market you have to act fast!

6 minutes ago, daytonabch04 said:

I bought my Bravo sight unseen, having never flown in a Mooney before.  Luckily, it was at a reputable MSC for an annual and I happened to know the owner's son.  ^_^  Gave me his no BS opinion on it and completed the sale...even without a separate PPI.  Worked out good going on 2.5 years with no major issues.  In this market you have to act fast!

and here i am stuck on buying a new couch for 3 months...

• Haha 2

I'll never buy a plane with just a pre-buy without seeing it myself again!  I have spent 2 to 3 times more time in the hanger than in the plane!  She's getting better all the time, but wow what a pain!.  Installing a G2 engine monitor now so she'll be down another couple weeks, arg.