Texas to Sarasota FL trip

Tx_Aggie

1 hour ago, Tx_Aggie said:

Outbound I’m planning ODO-AEX fuel up at AEX, AEX-DTS with an overnight in Destin. Next morning DTS CORKY V198 SZW V7 NITTS V579 SRQ.

I’m not out to reinvent the wheel, if there’s an airway already out there along the preferred route I’ll use it every time.

Thanks also for the insight, Ross!

If you are flying into Destin, Florida and have not reviewed this  Activities, Courses, Seminars & Webinars - ALC_Content - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov

Then you may want to.  It explains the airspace around there and the proper way to navigate it especially if VFR.  There are corridors that you must fly in order to get into Destin if VFR.

1 hour ago, Greg Ellis said:

If you are flying into Destin, Florida and have not reviewed this  Activities, Courses, Seminars & Webinars - ALC_Content - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov

Then you may want to.  It explains the airspace around there and the proper way to navigate it especially if VFR.  There are corridors that you must fly in order to get into Destin if VFR.

Thanks Greg, I’ll have a look. But I file IFR every time I travel. It makes things much easier in my opinion. 

Having said this, it appears ATC routes most traffic from the west through the corridor you mention, and it appears to be part of the approach path for the GPS 14 which is what I’m planning on requesting. 

Edited by Tx_Aggie
  • Like 1