A1B6 vs A3B6

201Steve

On 1/20/2021 at 12:20 PM, 201Steve said:

@PT20J

Yes, good point about dynamic balance. This SB and the change in general from 1978 on was before DB was a thing, and likely makes the whole endeavor futile. I've decided it's likely imperceptible and thus am unlikely to even bother. To spend money on anything that is "presumably better" is spending money on hunch nonetheless.

Can we get @Cody Stallings to chime in on this? What you say makes sense, I guess, but my prop was absolutely indexed one way, and re-indexed another way. It used to rest at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock, which is really a nice place for it to stop. But, it was noticed as odd and changed where it now rests at like 10 and 4 (facing the prop from front). I do not recall any discussion nor spending of additional bushings, etc. It's like it was just unbolted and rebolted. Perhaps the bushings can be moved? I've never seen a prop installation so I don't have any reference on this, but interested to know.

If your prop orientation changed, I would say someone missed a short drive pin when installing prop.

May want to get Mirror an like to see if one drive pin is pushed out of the crankshaft flange about 5/8 inch or so

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1