14 volt pitot tube

MOTOJP

Yeah, the description is misleading.  If these are made by Falcon Gauges, they're only for use on experimentals...not for type-certified airplanes.  Spruce shows this for all Falcon offerings...add to that, they're made in China.  I was shopping for a new tube last year, and was nearly caught off-guard by this dramatically cheaper price as well.

The one I bought recently was unfortunately $1940, but is an Aerosonic product, approved for certified AC, and made in the US.

image.png.9f84d4fde1ba9b4f6cd2822d6ef9489e.png

image.png.82611eca50d8892eb30e2a257bada023.png

• Thanks 1

The shop that did my avionics replaced mine a little over two years ago when they did a recert following the panel upgrade.   Apparently it had a leak, and they replaced it at a cost to me of $750 for the part.   I don't know where they got it, but it looked new.

32 minutes ago, PT20J said:

Anyone ever removed one of these? I’ve tracked down my pitot leak to either  the pitot tube or the drain. Getting the pitot tube out to test doesn’t look easy to do. 

Skip

Just take off the 4 screws. You have to unplug the heater and disconnect the pitot line through an access panel.

I had mud daubers clog mine once and removed it with a borrowed screwdriver and crescent wrench.

Edited by N201MKTurbo
  • Thanks 1