Kudos to KPHL Tracon

I just returned from a roundtrip flight from KABE to KWWD VFR this afternoon. ATC at PHL( Tracon) did a great job of preventing GA aircraft from trading paint. During the 10 minutes or so I was making my way north of the ARD VOR multiple traffic alerts to multiple aircraft were issued, I needed to take evasive action as well to avoid a 172. The traffic calls were nonstop. 

I don't know if there are any controllers from Philly  on this forum but you guys do a great job. Also a big thank you to the folks at KABE ATC who are some of the most patient and helpful controllers I've come across.

TGS

• Like 1

I just returned from a roundtrip flight from KABE to KWWD VFR this afternoon. ATC at PHL( Tracon) did a great job of preventing GA aircraft from trading paint. During the 10 minutes or so I was making my way north of the ARD VOR multiple traffic alerts to multiple aircraft were issued, I needed to take evasive action as well to avoid a 172. The traffic calls were nonstop. 
I don't know if there are any controllers from Philly  on this forum but you guys do a great job. Also a big thank you to the folks at KABE ATC who are some of the most patient and helpful controllers I've come across.

TGS

There were a lot of stupids out there today. Heard a couple of “NXXXXX you are about to enter restricted airspace” and a lot of traffic conflicts. What boggles my mind is if a plane can see me on his TIS-B (I could certainly see their N number) and I am flying a straight and steady course, why the hell would you turn into my path? Checking to see if you can see me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

5 hours ago, Marauder said:

We ALL go to Modena! I wonder how long before it gets deactivated. Our VOR approach is deactivated and will be replaced next month with a couple of RNAV approaches.

They'll still send you there, the dead VOR should remain in your GPS database . . . . or get replaced with an intersection or waypoint with a similar name.

No. Outbound I received  a Bravo clearance direct at 5500 feet. The challenge was returning via ARD. It was a fur ball over ARD/PNE.

You should see what that area looks like when a Trump TFR was in place. I tried to have McGuire get Philly to take me for VFR flight following headed west. They refused. Also have been refused Bravo entry a few times trying to cut a corner off.

They do a good job but get overwhelmed at times.

15788c390a807c6fb443efa38c2d28c1.jpg

They'll still send you there, the dead VOR should remain in your GPS database . . . . or get replaced with an intersection or waypoint with a similar name.

That happened to the Lake Henry VOR northwest of NYC. It’s now called LAAYK intersection. I remembered when it happened. I used to file a route using Lake Henry only to see it gone one day.

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

You should see what that area looks like when a Trump TFR was in place. I tried to have McGuire get Philly to take me for VFR flight following headed west. They refused. Also have been refused Bravo entry a few times trying to cut a corner off.

They do a good job but get overwhelmed at times.

15788c390a807c6fb443efa38c2d28c1.jpg

It is my impression that Phiily and McGuire don't always get along. I've had similar experiences concerning handoffs.

TGS

• Like 1