Newly minted instrument pilot

TonyK

He wants to fly as a career choice.  I suggested he take up a respectable profession like playing piano in a whorehouse but he wasn't having any of it.

Next steps for him are doing his commercial and twin.  Then GO GET A JOB!  He works at a pretty busy FBO at SFB and has been networking with every pro flyer that comes in.

He will be on the Mooney insurance in a few weeks.  I wanted him to have his IR before I did that.

• Like 3

We have a few pro flyers around here...

He should sign up and have his own MS account...

Its not exactly Instagram... but has real life Mooney pilots that are pros too...

Our youngest members are probably all over 20...

The curve starts to grow around 30...

Alex and Parker were our young guns... back in the day... they have grown so much professionally as well...   :)

Best regards,

-a-

I do hesitate to give advice on topics like this, but since this advice was first given to me many years ago by a retired ATP (and it proved to be quite helpful), here goes:

“Congrats!  Now that you have your instrument ticket, use it at first to fly MVFR before jumping feet first into 200 foot approaches and lousy visibility. Set your own personal minimums (such as 800 or 600 foot ceilings) and adjust up or down based on currency, practice and proficiency.  Get some IMC cross country in, too.”

I think I would add, “If you’re an EAA member, join your local chapter’s IMC club and learn from others.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1