Aspen XM Weather Install Manual

Last year, we were fortunate to get an Aspen 2000 Max system installed. I still have a GTX330ES transponder for ADSB out, and was interested in displaying weather on the Aspen system. I know I could upgrade to the GTX345 and get ADSB displayed on the system, but I got a great deal on a new (old stock) XDM050-01 XM data receiver. I was planning on having it installed and getting the XM subscription and trying that route out. I am now on the search for an Installation Manual for the XM receiver. I reached out to Aspen, who politely told me "no" (due to not being an authorized dealer) as well as to Heads Up Technologies, who designed the system for Aspen. Per the E2000 wiring diagram/install manual, there only appears to be a couple pins to route to/from the MFD and to the PFD (if the PFD has hazard awareness unlocked). Spoke with my trusty avionics shop, and it will be a while before they can get me in. I also asked my local A/P, who said he would be willing to look at it/possible supervise an owner assisted install. Does anyone have access to the said installation manual? Ive looked through the downloads section on MS, but to no avail. I have also searched the mighty inter-web, and again, met with no success. Can anyone offer any suggestions? TIA!

17 hours ago, CharlesHuddleston said:

Last year, we were fortunate to get an Aspen 2000 Max system installed. I still have a GTX330ES transponder for ADSB out, and was interested in displaying weather on the Aspen system. I know I could upgrade to the GTX345 and get ADSB displayed on the system, but I got a great deal on a new (old stock) XDM050-01 XM data receiver. I was planning on having it installed and getting the XM subscription and trying that route out. I am now on the search for an Installation Manual for the XM receiver. I reached out to Aspen, who politely told me "no" (due to not being an authorized dealer) as well as to Heads Up Technologies, who designed the system for Aspen. Per the E2000 wiring diagram/install manual, there only appears to be a couple pins to route to/from the MFD and to the PFD (if the PFD has hazard awareness unlocked). Spoke with my trusty avionics shop, and it will be a while before they can get me in. I also asked my local A/P, who said he would be willing to look at it/possible supervise an owner assisted install. Does anyone have access to the said installation manual? Ive looked through the downloads section on MS, but to no avail. I have also searched the mighty inter-web, and again, met with no success. Can anyone offer any suggestions? TIA!

Which installation manual are you looking for?

• Like 1