Free safety pilot - I'll come to you

NJMac

4 hours ago, tmo said:

So let me get this straight - our dogs can now log PIC? Can @201er's parrot? ;)

Haha, is that applicable to single seaters? (someone wrote on his logbook he was PUT = “student” on his logbook after his 1st solo in a single seater, he was expecting the instructor who did his briefing to be PIC while eating double cheeseburger in the clubhouse :lol:

Don't forget PIC can change on the fly.  Pun intended.

It's your log book so log what is appropriate.  The log book police are not coming to see your papers :ph34r: but it should be reasonable.  If you flew the plane or assisted in flying the plane and feel it adds to your flying skills then log it.

Make notes of why you were flying.  It is neat when you go back and read years later and remember the flight.  

As an engineer each state I'm licensed in requires continuing education.  I log technical seminars and every computer based training I do for work each year regardless if it is safety, policy or technical.  When a licensing board asks me to produce my CE credits I send them everything I have from day one of CE requirements 20 something years ago and let them decide which is and is not acceptable.

• Like 1