Switcheon

I just read an advert for "Switcheon" in The Mooney Flyer. It's a wireless device that allows for remote operation of electrical devices eg engine heaters. Anyone have personal experience with this product and if so, what is your opinion of its utility?

5 hours ago, HIghpockets said:

I just read an advert for "Switcheon" in The Mooney Flyer. It's a wireless device that allows for remote operation of electrical devices eg engine heaters. Anyone have personal experience with this product and if so, what is your opinion of its utility?

You can buy them off my website at www.gallagheraviationllc.com/switcheon but we are on backorder because they have been incredibly popular.

We have enough material to clear the backorder and take care of the rest of the demand for the winter but we're still waiting on circuit boards to get out of the logjammed logistics system. We're thinking mid-January is when we'll be able to ship.

SwitcheOn cords to side cropped.png

When T-Mobile announced they are dropping the 3G network this month, I looked into the Switcheon. But since I already had a Verizon hotspot in the hangar for my security cameras, I decided to give these Gosund smart plugs a try.

be315dfd4281ed0f61af9da90dcb2a94.png

What I wasn’t sure of was whether these switches could be controlled remotely through their app. I was pleasantly surprised that it can control multiple switches regardless of the WiFi network the switch is on.

The switches above are rated for 10A (1100W) which is enough to handle a Reiff Turbo system (~670W). They also sell a 15 amp version.

The app allows for instant control, countdown timer and a scheduler. Been using them for a couple of weeks and they are working as advertised.

9ef4dfa75dbaef5bd9d3104ee3c7cc29.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

When T-Mobile announced they are dropping the 3G network this month, I looked into the Switcheon. But since I already had a Verizon hotspot in the hangar for my security cameras, I decided to give these Gosund smart plugs a try.

be315dfd4281ed0f61af9da90dcb2a94.png

What I wasn’t sure of was whether these switches could be controlled remotely through their app. I was pleasantly surprised that it can control multiple switches regardless of the WiFi network the switch is on.

The switches above are rated for 10A (1100W) which is enough to handle a Reiff Turbo system (~670W). They also sell a 15 amp version.

The app allows for instant control, countdown timer and a scheduler. Been using them for a couple of weeks and they are working as advertised.

9ef4dfa75dbaef5bd9d3104ee3c7cc29.jpg

As long as you have wifi in your hangar, an extravagance not found at any of the four (4) airports where I've kept my plane the last dozen years . . . . 

53 minutes ago, Hank said:

As long as you have wifi in your hangar, an extravagance not found at any of the four (4) airports where I've kept my plane the last dozen years . . . . 

TMO now has data only SIM cards at $10 month. Put that in a hot spot and now you've got wifi at the hangar. And with wifi at the hangar, there is no end to the stuff you can control remotely. 

@Warren put me on to this option. Mine should be operational this week.

• Like 1

If you can get cellular service, you can get WiFi through one of these hotspots (the Switcheone is essentially a cellular switch). Most of the carriers (if not all) sell hotspots. You put a SIM card in it and it runs off of cellular but produces a WiFi signal. I have all of my cell phones on Verizon, so for $10 a month, I added the hotspot to get feeds from my security cameras and now added these Gosund switches. It shares data from my cellular data plan.

• Like 1

TMO now has data only SIM cards at $10 month. Put that in a hot spot and now you've got wifi at the hangar. And with wifi at the hangar, there is no end to the stuff you can control remotely. 
[mention=15907]Warren[/mention] put me on to this option. Mine should be operational this week.

These hotspots are pretty useful and now that I know things like the Gosund will work with it, I am looking for stuff to plug in.

• Like 1