Gad13 question?

I am not sure which  altitude encoder you have. I have the ACK 31 altitude encoder since there some short stringers  running along fuselage. I put an aluminum square tube side of the fuselage to clear the stringer(s) then placed an aluminum plate with nut plates  for the ACK 31 altitude encoder and the GAD 13 to mount on. I used the 2 screw holes on the side of the fuselage previously  used for the  wing lever rate gyro just off and above the pilot's knee.  The previous installer had  mounted it on the right side but I wanted to keep my static lines fairly short.

James '67C

Edited by jamesm
  • Like 1

We install them usually close to the GAD29B for ease of installation and wiring purposes. If that isn't as easily accessible, then where you are thinking should be fine. 

The GAD29b will be installed later this year and it will probably go in the avionics bay in the tail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk