Today’s flight for 2021

Well, someone had to do it, so here goes.

With Ontario under a Covid lockdown there are no places to fly, so I decided to see how many planes I could fly instead.  I got through 4 before the weather turned.  The new RV-7A, the Cessna 150, the Comanche 400 and the Twin Comanche. Was hoping to add the RV-4 and Skybolt.

Clarence

23 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

With Ontario under a Covid lockdown there are no places to fly, so I decided to see how many planes I could fly instead.  I got through 4 before the weather turned.  The new RV-7A, the Cessna 150, the Comanche 400 and the Twin Comanche. Was hoping to add the RV-4 and Skybolt.

Clarence

Terrific!!  Congratulations!!

First flight of new year today.
Perfect weather meeting MS folks at Paso airport Joe’s One-Niner Diner. 
A terrific flight for all with wonderful conversations over breakfast/lunch.
Happy times ahead for everyone. 
A99D17A0-BD36-4B25-919C-57E28E1BD2CA.thumb.jpeg.c008b955cc3a1ac58fab9673fa27f8d9.jpeg
389C6261-6611-49E7-8ACD-7C4F373B2E30.thumb.jpeg.d1e25e0c3e89113e273c7640e11132b0.jpeg

Wish we could of made it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Well I was up on my CFI’s property clearing a tree that burned  in the valley fire some years ago. Has been a great source of firewood.   intended to start the new today’s flight thread when I got home and Doc beat me to it.  Was really my only thing that I felt I could contribute to the forum.  Just as well. Hoping all have a safe year in 2021.  Audios amigos. Remember to get the gear down above all else.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, bonal said:

Well I was up on my CFI’s property clearing a tree that burned  in the valley fire some years ago. Has been a great source of firewood.   intended to start the new today’s flight thread when I got home and Doc beat me to it.  Was really my only thing that I felt I could contribute to the forum.  Just as well. Hoping all have a safe year in 2021.  Audios amigos. Remember to get the gear down above all else.

Thank you for starting this annual tradition.  :)

For 2022 start it December 31st. And you have contributed more than just a thread, I’m sure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Test of the doggie headset was a mixed success.  They come off his ears too easily when he moves.  Any ideas on how to get them to stay over the ears?

Not bad for his first flight.  We put them on after starting the engine.  The noise did bother him, and he seemed more at ease with the muffs in position. 

dog_test.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, M20Doc said:

Clarence

Photographic evidence?  Without it, doubts remain. :D

Edited by 0TreeLemur
added smiley face, because sarcasm often fails to shine through in text form.

Was raining in De also 35* but managed to get in a couple approaches, encountered rain, sleet and snow luckily nothing stuck to the plane, never wondered more than 30 miles from airport, I try to fly on New Year’s Day to start the year out flying.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 0TreeLemur said:

Photographic evidence?  Without it, doubts remain. :D

I only have pictures from the last flight in the Twin Comanche.  My ATPL, CFI buddy snapped this one as we overflow CYYZ.  It was super quiet so the Toronto west terminal controller and the tower controller worked out the flight over the centre of the airport after flying around downtown Toronto.

Clarence

5E0622A7-C7D9-4592-8EF5-A00DFD420AAE.jpeg

Edited by M20Doc

First flight of the year!  Heading south to drop off the pi-plane at the avionics shop - getting a pair of GI275's.  And my wife drove me home.  Gorgeous day!

One pic is looking down the stack of the nuclear power plant at Oswego, NY, and the other picture is from the same position, looking out over the lake to Toronto Canada.  

Hello Canada!  I hope to visit you again soon!

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

• Like 2

Survived another one today.  I must be lucky.  Beautiful MVFR flight flown IFR to exercise the TKS and live up to my commitment to fly at least every 10 days (WX permitting) in 2021.  The views down through the thin 2500 broken ceiling of snow-covered northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin were something else.  And Bessie’s Diner was, as always, there to keep my caloric intake in the green. https://www.bessiesdiner.com

C3D73DAE-C706-4E6A-BF5C-8738D92302FB.jpeg

06F36AC2-A4A9-4852-842E-1D3F831D6E67.jpeg

7E3ED92C-1B21-4603-8F11-92C36E46E992.jpeg

• Like 6

Yesterday I took a trip over Pinal County Airport to see whether the parked airliner inventory has changed much since I checked it at the end of March.   It has!   There's a lot more!  There are two large areas to the right of the flight line that are new and both full of airplanes.

Yesterday (top), and last March 31st (bottom):

20210116_141331.jpg

20200331_135041.jpg

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Landing F47 a couple weeks ago.  Back in Illinois before a solid 10 inches of snow overnight last night.  Great neighbors took pity on me as my snow thrower attachment for the tractor is buried in a trailer at the shop. 

The L39 is filming the undeveloped Florida coast for discovery channel’s Blue Planet

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N139UK/history/20201219/1255Z/KAAF/KAAF

looks like fun flying

82A062B7-8332-4779-BDED-FCD9D209F158.jpeg

A9EFFD36-5509-45CF-9770-0C1836BF3D2C.jpeg

• Like 4

White stuff visible on my walk this morning. On the taxiway at Pegasus Airpark 5AZ3. It’s been 7 years since I came here from Colorado. Something in the back of my mind keeps telling me “I’m as close to that white stuff right now as I ever want to be” My father in law reported 2 feet of snow near Prescott. 
“Shudder”

70 degrees here at 5:18 should hit 75 on the links tomorrow. Hey we had winter this week, it actually rained.

32C94441-E5E7-439C-9529-D32A5FCA5F3F.jpeg

C7DC266D-FB69-427A-A168-D6968D322DCD.jpeg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RJBrown said:

White stuff visible on my walk this morning. On the taxiway at Pegasus Airpark 5AZ3. It’s been 7 years since I came here from Colorado. Something in the back of my mind keeps telling me “I’m as close to that white stuff right now as I ever want to be” My father in law reported 2 feet of snow near Prescott. 
“Shudder”

You're already closer than I ever want to be again!! It seems to come here in LA once every few years, last time was almost 2" in Jan 2018, and my plant shut down for three days . . . . That's how I like it!

For the curious and confused, "LA" is "Lower Alabama."  :P

• Like 1

Annual all wrapped up, took a post maintenance trip around the pattern, everything looked good so took off again for a longer flight south around Santiago Peak which still had a little snow on it. With the higher mountains north and east I keep thinking Santiago is really a hill but at 5,700' about 20 miles from the coast I guess it qualifies as a mountain. I ended up at Riverside to buy their cheap fuel and then it was back to Fullerton. The skies were clear after the rain of the past few days and the snow on the distant mountains was beautiful, great to be flying again.

20210130_160531.thumb.jpg.d7d263e4e5d2aa7f412660e75526595a.jpg20210130_155452.thumb.jpg.9fec79818e3eaa81c334337dd6fe2421.jpg20210130_160744.thumb.jpg.609908ea4601aac76c6f79be0df921d8.jpg

• Like 4