Are there any other options?

An avionics installer relayed this method.  Get the multi-conductor wire desired (6 or 12 or whatever), then slide it through a length of heat shrink of appropriate size.  Leave whatever length conductor pig tails sticking out of both ends of the heat shrink for your installation/application.  Wrap the heat shrink around a dowel of the diameter desired for the inside of the coil.  Shrink the heat shrink down with your heat gun, let it all cool off, and the coil cord is formed.  Looks just like a factory did it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 47U said:

An avionics installer relayed this method.  Get the multi-conductor wire desired (6 or 12 or whatever), then slide it through a length of heat shrink of appropriate size.  Leave whatever length conductor pig tails sticking out of both ends of the heat shrink for your installation/application.  Wrap the heat shrink around a dowel of the diameter desired for the inside of the coil.  Shrink the heat shrink down with your heat gun, let it all cool off, and the coil cord is formed.  Looks just like a factory did it.

Thanks but I am not sure I want to go that route.  I am shocked that Cygnet Aerospace would be so greedy for their product but I guess it falls in line if it has to do with flying get as much as you can.  

On 12/31/2020 at 2:52 PM, Dream to fly said:

So I am looking for a a 22AWG 6 or 12  conductor coil cord for an autopilot and I just about fell on the floor when I went to purchase one.  Anyone know of options?

https://www.cablescience.com/coils/electronic-1/ec-series/shielded-ecs/22-awg-gauge.html

try this site

• Like 3