Gi-275 update surprise

RobertGary1

Updated my 275. I only powered up the master so only the pfd was running. Updated the 7ish databases fine. I knew that it would share the update with other 275s when they came on. 
When I powered up for taxi the Mfd came up and said it saw updates and it would update. What I missed was some message on the pfd I didn’t see fast enough. As a result the pfd was not responsive on the flight at all. The knob didn’t respond the touch screen didn’t respond etc. I couldn’t set the altimeter. The mfd kept reverting and intermittently said it had a magnetometer failure. VFR so I didn’t worry too much. After stopping for gas and rebooting both I saw a message on the pfd asking if I’d like to update the mag variance on the mfd. I said yes and everything worked out. 

so make sure that after transferring the database from one 275 to another make sure to reboot both. And watch for questions closely. 

btw I’m told I should be able to push the updates to my gnx375 and it will push it to the 275s but haven’t figured out how to do that yet. 

Edited by RobertGary1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

It would require Garmin hiring me to work on their software.

I was able to tour their place in Salem when I dropped off my Mooney for AP development. That place is super cool, they have awesome toys and great tools to make cool stuff. 

• Like 2