Happy Mooney New Year

jgarrison

Just a quick note to say Happy New Year and to say a BIG thank you to the folks on the board that have recommended me and our business over the years and those that we have sold Mooneys TO and FOR. You guys are great and I appreciate the referrals you guys post. While I know it is impossible to have a completely painless transaction every time (with the experience of the 1,000 Mooneys we have sold I can't tell you how many little things can go wrong on and plane and or its sale), I do work hard to make each transaction a smooth one and the support from the Mooney community is greatly appreciated.

We closed the books on 2020 with 67 Mooneys sales closed (72 total sales including a few stragglers I sold for friends), which is by far our best year ever. 25 of those Mooney sales never hit the Controller site and were sold to our 'New Inventory' email blast list. I remember a guy on the forum early in 2020 that said he was waiting for the prices to plummet before he purchased a plane and I pointed out to him that I did not expect that to happen, that my phone volume and discussion with others in the industry told me something different. As it turned out, 2020 and the challenges that we have faced as a country and a planet did not seem to befall the small GA market. My contacts in the title, banking and insurance business have told me that they have never been busier. Prices are holding and in some cases have risen in the last 12 months. I have a theory on it, but just suffice it to say, at this time, I don't see the same issues in this market that I saw in the previous three market corrections since I started in 1995 (Tech Bubble Burst, 9/11 and Real Estate Bubble/Recession). I could be wrong, but it just feels different.

So again, Happy New Year to all the MSers and here is wishing everyone a safe and healthy 2021 and beyond!  If you are every in the area, let me know and I will buy you a Dr. Pepper.  Jimmy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Just now, Seth said:

Thank you for the update Jimmy. Happy New Year! Any Missile's sell in that giant 72 bunch?

You and spoke earlier this year and I'm simply curious.

Thanks!

-Seth

Yessir. We sold one Missile and took a nice M20C on trade for it. My first personally owned Mooney was a Missile. Good planes. Maybe we should figure out how to revive that STC?!?

• Like 1

@jgarrison, thanks for the update and the continued support.  Although I personally haven't done business with you, I hope I speak for others when I say that I’ll continue to refer folks to you who are searching not only for a Mooney, but for an airplane in general.  I know you and I will certainly chat when I’m ready to add a second or even third airplane.

Happy New Year, stay safe, and we’ll likely meet up when I’m down there for annual this year in May.

Steve

On 12/31/2020 at 11:48 PM, M20Flyer2020 said:

Good doing business with you Jimmy,

I purchased a 76' F from you in November. Since then I have put over 70 hours on it. It has been from San Antonio to Duluth MN, westward to South Dakota - Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, and as far north as the Canadian border. I felt comfortable conducting business with you despite somewhat unique geographic circumstances due to your businesses reputation. My wife and I love the plane and have turned it into a project to build out over the next few years. 

I wish you a successful 2021!

John

Wow!!! That is a LOT of flying! Glad you are enjoying it. We will be here when you get ready to trade up!

On 12/31/2020 at 4:07 PM, jgarrison said:

Yessir. We sold one Missile and took a nice M20C on trade for it. My first personally owned Mooney was a Missile. Good planes. Maybe we should figure out how to revive that STC?!?

I've spoke with Darwin over at Rocket about it. Nice idea - not going to happen. Maybe if and only if 10 J owners lined up - BUT the price would be over $100k per ship for the upgrade, in which case they should sell and get a Bravo or an Ovation.

Now, if the Mooney factory wanted to build a mid length body with a larger engine in it with a carbon fiber cowling . . . now you may be getting somewhere as the airplane would be lighter, and you'd get some useful load back.

-Seth