New SAVVY Mooney Engine Cohorts improve reporting, We'll update your aircraft model automatically

Update: 12/29

ALL: Unfortunately we jumped the gun on getting word out on this in our newsletter and here. Due to a permissions issue and another issue with the ignition fields our users can't update this information.

Since I have all the information that needed, based on doing past analysis for our Mooney subscribers, current and many past, we're going to get your aircraft models correctly updated. That will leave the ignition fields and we'll circle back on that soon.

So over the next few weeks all the Mooney subscribers will see their aircraft model updated, as needed. This won't apply to all, for example M20M's won't need updating - they were always special :)  but most of you will get moved into a more specific Mooney Cohort to improve on reporting.

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Savvy has changed the names it uses to identify the many variants of the Mooney M20-series aircraft to make them more accurate and specific to the Mooney M20 airframe/engine combinations. We were able to automatically update the model names for many of our clients, but not all.

If you are a Mooney owner, please review your aircraft model name and edit if necessary, selecting the most appropriate one. It’s easy. Go here https://apps.savvyaviation.com/aircraft, click on “Actions” and select “Edit”. You will be presented with the new list of Mooney M20 model choices. Questions? Contact us at support@savvyaviation.com.

The benefits of these changes will allow more accurate trend and report card reports since your cohort will limited to just aircraft with the same HP and fuselage length. (But not all of the new cohorts are supported with Trend analysis and Report Card reporting till reporting is able to catch up in time and a couple of these cohorts are presently just too small to support presently.) 

You can now also specify your Left and Right ignition along with these new Mooney Models. For example you can specify Surefly on one side and Bendix on the other. (Very shortly we'll also have pressurized mags as an option as well as the Bendix Dual Mag - which is not yet listed).

Also,  here is the current list of Mooney models names:

M10

M18 Mite (L/C/LA/C-55)

M20 (A/B/C/D)

M20E

M20G

M20 (F/J) 200hp

M20J Missile

M20K (231)

M20K (231 Aftercooler)

M20K (Rocket)

M20K (252)

M20K (Encore)

M20L

M20M Bravo

M20S 244hp

M20 (S/R/U) 280hp

M20 (S/R/U) 310hp

M20 (TN/V) 280hp

M20 (TN/V) 310hp

M22 Mustang (Pressurized)

Edited by kortopates
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

50 minutes ago, hammdo said:

Funny, tried but could not make any changes -- did send a support ticket -- tried on IPad and 2 laptops...  Also would not let me save any changes (Like Left Mag is SureFly now).

Thanks for the reminder!

-Don

Don, thanks for letting us know.

Changing the ignition is a known issue that I found this afternoon, but our main developer's development PC is down and not sure how soon we'll see it fixed. Corey who has your ticket may find a way around that.

But you should be able to change the Aircraft Model to the new cohort: M20 (A/B/C/D) -- since your a C, it didn't look like you tried that from your screen captures?

Regardless, Corey will get back to you soon. 

21 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

I couldn't update mine either. When I get it back from the shop it will have the SB engine as an Encore.

where you also trying to update ignition too? I haven't had any issues just updating the aircraft model - at least not yet. in case it is a permissions issue, I'll let Corey check it out.

Edited by kortopates

18 minutes ago, kortopates said:

where you also trying to update ignition too? I haven't had any issues just updating the aircraft model - at least not yet. in case it is a permissions issue, I'll let Corey check it out.

Thanks - I gave them screenshots showing the drop downs disabled and not saving the mag changes.

-Don

12 hours ago, kortopates said:

I was only trying to update the M20K to M20K 252 or Encore. But the drop down box with M20K is greyed out and can't be changed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Greg Ellis said:

They lump the A/B/C/D/E/G together and does not allow me to separate mine out to just the C model?  Is this correct?  Are you keeping all those models lumped together?

The new Aircraft model cohort for the C's is: "M20 (A/B/C/D)" from the drop down -  Its now limited to all carbureted short bodies  - mostly just C's and converted D's. 

5 minutes ago, kortopates said:

The new Aircraft model cohort for the C's is: "M20 (A/B/C/D)" from the drop down -  Its now limited to all carbureted short bodies  - mostly just C's and converted D's. 

Interesting.  I go to mine and edit it and it lists A/B/C/D/E/G under aircraft model and does not allow it to be changed.  It is not limited to the carb'd short bodies as you say.

I also changed the mags from Bendix to Slick and saved it yet it did not save.  I went back in and they were back to Bendix.

3 minutes ago, Greg Ellis said:

Interesting.  I go to mine and edit it and it lists A/B/C/D/E/G under aircraft model and does not allow it to be changed.  It is not limited to the carb'd short bodies as you say.

I also changed the mags from Bendix to Slick and saved it yet it did not save.  I went back in and they were back to Bendix.

Updating the ignition is known issue right now. I'll announce here when that is fixed. But for now, leave that unchanged.

But changing the aircraft model should be possible by selecting the new cohort from the drop down list - i.e. its not an edit to the text of the aircraft model but a selecting the new one from the drop down list. To the right of your existing aircraft model, click on the X or down arrow to bring up the drop down list and you should be able to see select the highlighted model below.

Is this what you tried to do? If so I am wondering if we have a permissions issue since some can and perhaps some can not?

image.png.4607385d7a63ead0b2f5d86effd9a6cb.png

Just now, kortopates said:

Updating the ignition is known issue right now. I'll announce here when that is fixed. But for now, leave that unchanged.

But changing the aircraft model should be possible by selecting the new cohort from the drop down list - i.e. its not an edit to the text of the aircraft model but a selecting the new one from the drop down list. To the right of your existing aircraft model, click on the X or down arrow to bring up the drop down list and you should be able to see select the highlighted model below.

Is this what you tried to do? If so I am wondering if we have a permissions issue since some can and perhaps some can not?

Yep, that is what I tried to do.  That drop down menu is greyed out and cannot be selected so no drop down occurs allowing me to change it.

1 minute ago, Greg Ellis said:

Yep, that is what I tried to do.  That drop down menu is greyed out and cannot be selected so no drop down occurs allowing me to change it.

Thanks very much for the details - I am passing this along to Corey to help us get this resolved. Unfortunately our lead developer is shutdown right now so I am not optimistic about a quick fix.

I did change the left mag to Surefly last night on my phone. On the website just now it did not show as updated to Surefly so I changed it again and saved it. I went back in and it still is not updated and is showing Bendix so somewhere the setting isn't getting saved.

1 minute ago, Skates97 said:

I did change the left mag to Surefly last night on my phone. On the website just now it did not show as updated to Surefly so I changed it again and saved it. I went back in and it still is not updated and is showing Bendix so somewhere the setting isn't getting saved.

Yes, I discovered that issue myself yesterday - its doesn't save it and unfortunately I don't have a fix time yet. But I'll let everyone know here as soon as we have it fixed. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kortopates said:

It was grayed out for me and unable to change it. I sent an email to the address given for resolution and the respondent seemed unaware of what Savvy was doing with updates. He offered to change it for me, but I did not know the specific options. Told him that there may be a global issue, but he closed the ticket with no resolution. I think permissioning is off and that what was being requested of Mooney owners was not communicated to the troops in case of a need to troubleshoot.

11 minutes ago, BlueDun said:

It was grayed out for me and unable to change it. I sent an email to the address given for resolution and the respondent seemed unaware of what Savvy was doing with updates. He offered to change it for me, but I did not know the specific options. Told him that there may be a global issue, but he closed the ticket with no resolution. I think permissioning is off and that what was being requested of Mooney owners was not communicated to the troops in case of a need to troubleshoot.

Your right, it is a global permissions issue and we're moving to plan B.

For all of you that are subscribers as well as past subscribers that I've worked with, I have all the information we need to fix the cohort and we'll do that for you over the next few weeks.

We'll circle back on the ignition issue since I don't have that detailed information; especially when it between left and right.

I'll change the first post to reflect we'll be doing the updates for all our Mooney subscribers. 

• Like 2

• kortopates changed the title to New SAVVY Mooney Engine Cohorts improve reporting, We'll update your aircraft model automatically