Alternator Conversion

62 C model. Purchasing a factory reman from Lycoming and switching from generator to alternator. Probably going to go with Plane Power/Hartzell but need to know whether Plane Power is a Prestolite or Chrysler style of alternator for the engine order.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mitch Berger

1 hour ago, flyer7324 said:

62 C model. Purchasing a factory reman from Lycoming and switching from generator to alternator. Probably going to go with Plane Power/Hartzell but need to know whether Plane Power is a Prestolite or Chrysler style of alternator for the engine order.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mitch Berger

Mitch,

I believe difference is in the pulley but not sure which is which. When shopping for OH, Air Power asked the same question. I am also planning to go with Plane Power.

I want to rewire installation and install 70 amp breaker to take advantage of full capacity as well as to clean some of the old wiring. I would be interested to hear what you find and your experience with conversion.

Thanks

14 hours ago, Igor_U said:

Mitch,

I believe difference is in the pulley but not sure which is which. When shopping for OH, Air Power asked the same question. I am also planning to go with Plane Power.

I want to rewire installation and install 70 amp breaker to take advantage of full capacity as well as to clean some of the old wiring. I would be interested to hear what you find and your experience with conversion.

Thanks

Most shunts are 50a so you’re going to want one of those too. 

you shouldn’t be anywhere near 50a so I don’t understand why you would want to do this.