Popping and crackling in audio panel

Denise

11 hours ago, carusoam said:

Happy New Year Greg!

Way to get the new year started.

:)

Best regards,

-a-

Thank you Anthony! You as well!  Look at my post for Dynon AP as well and send me an email please according to that.  I am trying to get Dynon off of their hands and am working with one of their guys to get this hammered out.

36 minutes ago, PeteMc said:

Did you find the problem?  And sorry if someone asked this, I didn't see it...

If you grab the headset connector and twist it back and forth a bit, do you hear the crackling?  The connectors can build up oxidation and dirt and you may hear the crackling from the vibration when the plane is running or by your movement if you tug a little on the cable.

If this turns out to be the issue, give all the connectors a few twists back and forth until it clears up and then a few extras for good measure.  You don't need twist really hard, just twist back and forth somewhat quickly until the crackling goes away.  Do the same amount with the mic connectors.

Also cold solder joints on the jacks can cause this as well.  Good info to all @PeteMc!  Kudos