Some cool Mooney Sales adds..

hammdo

I hunted for them ;o)

figured I’d put them in one post...

wish I had the king Mooney ads... I do have the video though! May put that up here too!

Win this magnificent MOONEY!’... that ad hooked me on Mooneys ;o)...

-Don

694DCADF-EEAD-4056-87BF-6542B345EA47.jpeg

28848A2A-B119-48AE-AD84-DB57DF9E0C4E.jpeg

57 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Production numbers too! Including the competitors...

wow!

:)

-a-

During filming, I forget how many Mooneys Bill Wheat told me they were producing during the 60’s on a weekly basis ....that part might be in the near beginning of the movie when he was taking us through the welding shop area..... I do recall I was amazed !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank said:

M20-D. At last count, there were three (3) that still had the original, down-and-welded gear. Several converted Ds here, @Skates97 and @MooneyMitch both leap to mind. 

@Raptor05121 and @cliffy both have D's as well. There's a few more but I can't think of them right now.

I had a patient a few years ago who worked for Mooney for a short while back in the late 70's or so.  He found out I owned a Mooney and gave me this photo.  It is now framed in my office.  It is an original photo from the Mooney factory of an M22 Mustang over West Texas.

M22 Mustang.jpg

• Like 3

Here's a Mitsubishi MU-2. Was looking at this one thinking how cool it was. Interesting that Mooney had business with them. Learn something new everyday. Correct me if I'm wrong but these were part of the reason for turbo prop type ratings.? Can't recall where I heard/read this but this put a twin turboprop into an attainable price range  so people were buying them yet not getting proper training. Article covers the training part of it...

https://aeroclassifieds.com/articles-and-guides/jet-ownership/the-mitsubishi-mu-2-story/20201115_121829.jpg

4 hours ago, Greg Ellis said:

It would be interesting to know if any of the Mooneys in the advertisements are currently still flying and if so...a long shot... are any of them owned by members of Mooneyspace?

My Statesman is featured in the very first post, several ad's down. N6776N.  Nice to see it in its original paint scheme.  It looks a little different now paint-wise, but in the same colors.Mooney.thumb.JPG.a1fc33c11af520c29322b6aad344531b.JPG

• Like 5

Because of weight (too light and not pure jet) it can't be called a Type Rating but for all intent purposes it is a Type Rating you have to get to be legal to fly an MU2 today. It really needs to be flown like a jet. IMO

It was designed to use unimproved airfields and short runways (in the beginning) but I suspect some of the demos then were well below Vmc 

MU2s are slowly going away, Mitsubishi has said in the past that they would support them till the last one dies but in the background they are being bought up and cut up (by the factory. ?) I think all the 3 blade powered MU2s are already in their graves. 

It got a bad rap supposedly due to icing but it was shown to do well in icing even though there is a restriction in the flight manual now on icing conditions. 

At least one was lost due to an unqualified pilot going into reverse in flight to get down faster. 

I've got some time in them but I'm far from an expert on the airplane