Looking for an M20A M20E M20C project

Gary Bymers

• 2 months later...

How big of a project are you looking for? I have a m20G in my sisters back yard lol and im not kidding. 1968 I have the engine records and airframe frame records as well. I was going to do it myself so im enrolling in AP school. Finally realized its going to take years of experience to build this thing. I broke it down and hauled it off. Now it sits in my sisters back yard. I figure its best I buy one flying or im gonna kill myself lol. Just putting it out there if youre looking for a BIG project.

I have a 1965 M20E that's in Mt. Pleasant SC. (KLRO) its been sitting for 5 years. Was running great when I stopped flying it. I am trying to either sell it or get it airworthy again. I can get you more information if you are interested or maybe have some thoughts about what it will take to get it airworthy. Any information/advice would be appreciated. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2021 at 11:53 AM, GRCARTER said:

I have a 1965 M20E that's in Mt. Pleasant SC. (KLRO) its been sitting for 5 years. Was running great when I stopped flying it. I am trying to either sell it or get it airworthy again. I can get you more information if you are interested or maybe have some thoughts about what it will take to get it airworthy. Any information/advice would be appreciated. 

I'm intrigued! If he hasnt jumped on it already, PM me please!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard Murray.

We can help by setting up a new thread titled M20A for sale...

Post some pics and details... and price.

Of course, let’s let @Gary Bymers know you are here...

Best regards,

-a-

5 minutes ago, Murray Sissons said:

I have an M20A for sale, as the owners  (deceased) estate is getting settled.

The aircraft just had it’s C of A on 8 April 2021.

It’s in Canada, just north of Calgary, Alberta.

Murray 403 335-six triple five.

mnsissons at gmail dot com

Hello All,

Apologies for the delay in responding to my earlier post. I still have my Mooney M20E. It is still at KLRO. As mentioned previously it has been sitting for 5-6 years out of annual. I need to find it a new home. I will have to check the logs but I believe it to have approx. 4000 TT on the airframe and approx. and 1850  SMOH. The panel is pretty much standard with only an older Garmin GPS upgraded. 

As you can imagine this plane needs work. Below are some current pics from my last visit a couple of weeks ago. I hate that I've let it go so please be kind in your remarks because sometimes in life, things happen.  

Open to any positive feedback or offers. I really hope to find a new home outside of listing it on TAP or any other sites. I trust that this forum will have the most knowledgeable and enthusiastic Mooney owners. 

Geoffrey Carter

386-868-6624

gcarter@nascar.com

Mooney rear pic.jpg

Mooney side image.jpg

Mooney Panel.jpg

Door Opening.jpg

Interior.jpg

Open Door.jpg

Prop.jpg

Left Side Cockpit.jpg

Nose gear.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Gary,

Are you still looking for a project?

I have a 66 E model

My johnson bar dislodged during rollout and the gear folded underneath me in June.

I've decided I want to upgrade to a newer, nicer, faster model.

I doubt the insurance company is going to total it b/c I had enough hull coverage to completely cover my all in investment including new motor overhaul etc....she's got aprox 70hrs SMOH.

It was a great flying airplane but now that i'm looking again I'm curious what it is worth as is where is.

If interested contact me directly.

Regards,

Arnold