New Years Day Flight

MooneyMitch

2 hours ago, Hank said:

Weather sucks here in the southeast. This morning, from Alabama through to NC, fog ranged from below cell tower tops to halfway up the ridges. I don't fly over widespread Low IMC, so had 6+ hours in the Nissan starting at 0700. The few times I saw the sun, I could look directly at it.

Safe travels to you .  

19 hours ago, Hank said:

Weather sucks here in the southeast. This morning, from Alabama through to NC, fog ranged from below cell tower tops to halfway up the ridges. I don't fly over widespread Low IMC, so had 6+ hours in the Nissan starting at 0700. The few times I saw the sun, I could look directly at it.

I feel your pain. I couldn't talk the family out of the Idaho trip and the weather wasn't going to cooperate so driving it was. On Wednesday one of our stops featured 0°F with freezing fog. Roads were good the whole way, got a few inches of snow in Idaho Falls. I haven't seen the sun since Wednesday morning. 

20210101_110355.thumb.jpg.05bf2b124b126487986d7dfaea78ef44.jpg

21 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

I feel your pain. I couldn't talk the family out of the Idaho trip and the weather wasn't going to cooperate so driving it was. On Wednesday one of our stops featured 0°F with freezing fog. Roads were good the whole way, got a few inches of snow in Idaho Falls. I haven't seen the sun since Wednesday morning. 

20210101_110355.thumb.jpg.05bf2b124b126487986d7dfaea78ef44.jpg

What beautiful winter sight!!

Enjoy your family adventure.  :)

Safe travels. 

27 minutes ago, TGreen said:

Good times. Thanks for organizing, @MooneyMitch. @MikeOH and Hilda, nice to meet you both. Let's do this again soon!

A pleasure to meet you both! @MooneyMitch & @TGreen Definitely need to plan another outing!

I heard you in front of us getting handed off to LA Center...I think we were about 15 minutes behind you at that point.  We did see 169 kts ground speed on the leg out of Paso once we got up to 7.5K.  Did you get 200? :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeOH said:

A pleasure to meet you both! @MooneyMitch & @TGreen Definitely need to plan another outing!

I heard you in front of us getting handed off to LA Center...I think we were about 15 minutes behind you at that point.  We did see 169 kts ground speed on the leg out of Paso once we got up to 7.5K.  Did you get 200? :D

234mph in level flight per flightaware.com. Was indicating about 169kts at 7500 feet, probably 40 degrees lean of peak. Good times. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MooneyMitch said:

Insight one....... we sure don’t have to wait for New Years Day....... have Mooney will travel.....fast !:D

So lunch at Luku's, Gulf Shores, AL??? ;)

Edited by Hank
  • Haha 1