New Years Day Flight

MooneyMitch

6 minutes ago, Hank said:

Sure! Alabama, Georgia or northern Florida?

Alrighty then................funny man!!  Yuck, yuck, yuck. :lol:

Well, maybe you all can find others in your neck of the woods for a flying excuse New Years Day............. 

If my memory serves me correctly, I do recall there's a contingency that flies out to Catalina Island on New Years Day [not all Mooneys though].........we could sure make an impression with a Mooney gathering though.....ha!!

On 12/20/2020 at 10:13 AM, MikeOH said:

My wife and I would be up for this.  Any where in southern to central California would be good.  Have to make sure the establishment allows outdoor seating.  Should be okay outside of LA county, I would think.

Just thinking ahead...... no legal (:angry:) outside seating CA, but some locations are providing take out and leaving their outside seats available and folks are doing this.

Paso (PRB) very nice restaurant on field.  I’ll investigate this possibility for New Year’s Day and report back. :)

55 minutes ago, MooneyMitch said:

Just thinking ahead...... no legal (:angry:) outside seating CA, but some locations are providing take out and leaving their outside seats available and folks are doing this.

Paso (PRB) very nice restaurant on field.  I’ll investigate this possibility for New Year’s Day and report back. :)

Paso would be great; we were already thinking about going up there!

1 hour ago, MooneyMitch said:

I'll have to check with my co-pilot but I would enjoy meeting at Paso.

• Like 1

Paso Robles (PRB). Great news!  And you won’t need water survival gear to get there :D.....Joe’s One-Niner Diner  is open for patio dining New Years Day !:)  My opinion.... their cuisine is pretty tasty.  

Very easy access for us......located in beautiful terminal!

A4D80568-E1E3-41B3-9575-3B9E13B77A20.png

2 hours ago, Skates97 said:

If the weather is permitting we are flying to Idaho Falls at New Years. If the weather up north does not allow for that flight we would be happy to meet up in Paso Robles.

Let’s stay positive for excellent weather for your Idaho trip!!! :D

Just bringing this thread back up...............weather forecast looking pretty nice for a New Years day flight ...............Joe's 0ne-Niner Diner [PRB] is open for patio dinning on New Years Day........if you're not watching football, or whatever...................this is a fun excuse for a flight. 

Anyone wanna meet somewhere for a New Year’s Day take out lunch?  Or just an excuse for a flight and meet up.....
SMX (Santa Maria, CA) here...... have Mooney will travel FAST...... we’ll some faster than others of course.  :lol:

Wish I could meet up with you guys, but it’s looking like snow for my New Years forecast :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Okay...... my last bump and promotion of the thread...... I promise ( I think )... :rolleyes:

Just in case you forgot, or your wifey has changed her mind...... come on and fly to PRB.  You can watch the game later by recording it .....:lol:

Weather forecast looks terrific around here on New Years Day!

Regardless...... wishing you all a happy, healthy and prosperous Mooo Year!!! :D

12 minutes ago, MooneyMitch said:

Okay...... my last bump and promotion of the thread...... I promise ( I think )... :rolleyes:

Just in case you forgot, or your wifey has changed her mind...... come on and fly to PRB.  You can watch the game later by recording it .....:lol:

Weather forecast looks terrific around here on New Years Day!

Regardless...... wishing you all a happy, healthy and prosperous Mooo Year!!! :D

We will see you there!

• Like 1

Weather sucks here in the southeast. This morning, from Alabama through to NC, fog ranged from below cell tower tops to halfway up the ridges. I don't fly over widespread Low IMC, so had 6+ hours in the Nissan starting at 0700. The few times I saw the sun, I could look directly at it.