Mooney.com website revamped

shawnd

2 minutes ago, 1980Mooney said:

I suspect that they have more pressing and dire things to deal with than addressing the tedious details of maintaining a website forum.

Yep, that's why MS raised an eyebrow about the new forums and blog. Seemed like a strange use of resources at a critical time. 

• Like 1

Thanks @carusoam.  When you tried to sign up @PeteMc did you use your full name as your username as well as the correct tail number?  We've had hundreds of signups but the people who were "deleted" and asked to resubmit did not use their full name/tail number as instructed.  Everyone who resubmits with the correct info is approved.  Part of the goal here was to create a true (as possible) current listing of owners that we could reach out to when necessary.  Please PM me if you are still having difficulty.

While the website isn't my direct responsibility, I'll try to address some of the issues brought up here.  The forum was never intended to be a place like Mooneyspace where thousands of topics are created and answered on a yearly basis.  It was created for owners to speak to each other in a civilized format using their real names.  The frequency at which people post is not seen as a success or failure as it was only put there as another place for Mooney owners to communicate.  While Mooneyspace is great, it's not for everyone.  We've received more than a few messages from people who have never participated in Mooneyspace (due to anonymous usernames and some of the discourse that happens here) but have signed up to use the Mooney.com forum. 

As I'm sure you can appreciate, we are busy trying to keep parts flowing while laying plans for building new aircraft in the future. The team in Kerrville is hard at work everyday to try and respond to as many technical questions as possible from both the community and MSCs.  In addition, we delivered a brand new Acclaim last month and are preparing to deliver the next Ovation in April/May.  Mooney has had it's fair share of challenges over the past 30 years but we are doing our best to make some progress each day.  This won't happen overnight, but we always appreciate the continued enthusiasm and support by the community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2