Useful Safety Apps?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 10:02 AM, thomas1142 said:

@patrickfSo there is a copy of the app for a J model? If so can I get the link.

thanks

Apologies for the delayed reply @thomas1142 @Stan and @flyer338

Have been down in Melbourne for the past 3 weeks and have just done a 1700km run home in a day to beat a border closure in QLD - by road unfortunately.

Have J and K working as well as new versions of R and R-310STC. I have spent some time rebuilding them off a consistent base to make support ( or lack of!) easier.

Give me another week or so to clean up and I'll post all together with links.

PatrickF

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 1:12 AM, patrickf said:

Apologies for the delayed reply @thomas1142 @Stan and @flyer338

Have been down in Melbourne for the past 3 weeks and have just done a 1700km run home in a day to beat a border closure in QLD - by road unfortunately.

Have J and K working as well as new versions of R and R-310STC. I have spent some time rebuilding them off a consistent base to make support ( or lack of!) easier.

Give me another week or so to clean up and I'll post all together with links.

PatrickF

Wow thanks for the update. Would your K version be for a 231 or 252? Do you need a copy of the poh of a 252 if you don’t have one yet?

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 1/8/2021 at 10:05 PM, carusoam said:

Hey Patrick!

Nice to see you staying involved with this...   thank you.

From the 77 M20C POH...  I bought this with the recommendation of Mr. Bill Wheat... for my 1965 M20C...

The conversation was 20 years ago... :)

Best regards,

-a-

BCEE9F0D-88CC-49CA-92B5-97236CF25B09.png

Is this version of the 65 POH in the download section?  Do you know the name?  The copy I have is a blurred version with poor scanning and I'd like a cleaner version.

10 hours ago, ZMERC said:

Is this version of the 65 POH in the download section?  Do you know the name?  The copy I have is a blurred version with poor scanning and I'd like a cleaner version.

Hey Z!

There is a newish version in the download section…

Not sure what year it was printed…

Depending on the day…. The latest version of the POH is available through Mooney….  The MSC network can be really helpful for this…

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 9:37 PM, 0TreeLemur said:

Yep- agree that familiarity has a lot to do with it.  My proficiency doesn't affect my preference.  Sometimes on cross-countries I'll activate the multi-function instrument display on foreflight and try it.   I find it more difficult to fly as precisely as I can with steam gauges, which might not be saying much given that I'm not a professional, and it is a GPS-derived set of indications on the iPad.

For the same reason that I prefer an analog watch over digital, the rate of change of dials/indications on steam gauges convey information.  Getting that same information off a glass panel for me requires staring at one point on the display and concentration to detect pixel-based changes.   If the VSI is showing an acceleration, that is detectable rapidly on a steam gauge.  A swinging VSI or DG jumps out, at least to me.  Videos of military HUDs that I've seen include rate vectors and such that give indications of rates of change of readings.  I don't think the Garmin type glass display has these.

Not that I'm a jet driver, just a wannabe :D

My preferences, not a human factors expert.

-f-

There are rate based indication on my G600 which are immediate, appropriately reactive and helpful.

John Breda

• 2 months later...
On 3/14/2022 at 10:13 PM, patrickf said:

Guys,

a heads up.

I have uploaded links to updated spreadsheets and OpenAsApps for the M20R, R with 310 STC and M20J.

I've edited my first post in this thread to make it easy to find.

regards

Guys, another heads up. Links in original post now for M20 J, K, R, R with 310 STC and U.