2021 Aviation Goals

Seth

2020 is NOT what we planned. So, many people had their aviation goals changed. 

What are your aviation goals for 2021?

What did you accomplish in 2020?

2020 Goals: All goals failed

-Get my Mooney back up in the air and report on 4 blade MT Prop (soon!)

-Assist in holding largest Mooney Summit ever at new location in Tampa (postponed to 2021)

-Earn a new rating, maybe two (ATP, Tail-wheel, maybe ground instruction, maybe written) - Passed ATP Written, completed ATP Ground Course with sim time

-Depending on timing, maybe bring my daughter to Oshkosh for a day or two (she'll be 5) - Not going to attend Oshkosh period until likely 2022

2021 Goals:

-Complete ATP (practical exam is all I need, likely in a Seminole or Baron)

-Get my Mooney back up in the air and report on 4 blade MT Prop

-Assist in holding largest Mooney Summit ever at new location in Tampa

-Earn a new rating, maybe two (ATP, Tail-wheel, maybe ground instruction, maybe written)

-Fly my daughter to FAA and walk aviation holy ground once it's safe to travel

-Complete written exams for CFI

-Earn taildragger rating

-Pass 2000 hours flying time (closing in on 1900 now)

-Reinitiate breakfast Mid-Atlantic flights (mainly Mooney but any aircraft accepted) as soon as COVID allows. Likely quarterly (used to be monthly).

-Get my kids MD and VA "passports" to airports so we can start getting stamps when we land places for the first time.

-Seth

Edited by Seth
  • Like 2

Fly more often??  Failed to keep up my hours in 2020 and need to get out of the cave to fly more this year.  Planning to do one of two transcontinental trips.  Just hope the vaccine effort allows either one to happen.

BTW Seth.  Trip to NIST in March will now be virtual only.  Sheesh.

• Like 2

- Stay out of airline work on leave through the summer, so we can

- Fly to Oshkosh (After we get our shots)

- Take the kid airplane camping more (shots or not).

- Install a new engine monitor certified as primary and get rid of the old stuff

- Have a job and company to return to

- Have my domicile to return to

Edited by Immelman
  • Like 3

2020:

Finished the A&P, which was a goal, and got the Multi-Engine-Instrument, which was a stretch goal but which was facilitated by being locked out of A&P school for a couple of months due to the virus. 

2021:

I have a couple of aviation-related engineering projects that I want to do, so fingers crossed I can get at least one started and moving along in 2021.   Not shooting any higher than that this time.  ;)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ZuluZulu said:

2021:

- seal the tanks (already done)

- instrument rating (used to fly to FXE and back for tank sealing)

- fly a lot

- go cool places

- don't go broke

I like your list. Already have the first two done, just need the last three . . . .

• Like 3

-Commercial glider add on (pre COVID)...but didn’t get to fly gliders once the pandemic kicked off ☹️
-trips weren’t really on the menu...but I did get the restricted telephone operator and a radio license for the plane (I was optimistic in April)

-work on CFI; including tail wheel endorsement, spin endorsement, and take FOI and FIA tests.

-long trip with the older kids...either Oshkosh (again) or Alaska

• Like 1

2021 aviation goals...... simple they are.......start the new year with a small Mooney ( and other brands ) gathering, probably for lunch at the Paso Robles, CA airport Joe’s One-Niner Diner.

This will be followed by several beautiful flights for the remainder of the year in my adorable M20D/C model.

Happy New Year to all ! 

25078948-A729-40EC-A09B-4E251BECF84B.jpeg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MooneyMitch said:

2021 aviation goals...... simple they are.......start the new year with a small Mooney ( and other brands ) gathering, probably for lunch at the Paso Robles, CA airport Joe’s One-Niner Diner.

This will be followed by several beautiful flights for the remainder of the year in my adorable M20D/C model.

Happy New Year to all ! 

25078948-A729-40EC-A09B-4E251BECF84B.jpeg

If that includes evening cocktails at the Cattleman's Lounge at the Paso Robles Inn, count me in!

14 minutes ago, GeeBee said:

If that includes evening cocktails at the Cattleman's Lounge at the Paso Robles Inn, count me in!

Hey, are they open?  Hmmmm, let me check.

If so, I might have to spend the night in Paso  (reminds me of a joke......I spent a week in Paso one night.... lol)

Unlike most, I had a good Mooney 2020; I finally accomplished all of my 2019 goals.  ;)

...except that MS avatar.   I'll fix that now.

For 2021, I plan my first International Flight.   Made it as close as KEPM (Eastport Maine).   So that's twice that the goal has been within my foreflight glide ring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seymour said:

Unlike most, I had a good Mooney 2020; I finally accomplished all of my 2019 goals.  ;)

...except that MS avatar.   I'll fix that now.

For 2021, I plan my first International Flight.   Made it as close as KEPM (Eastport Maine).   So that's twice that the goal has been within my foreflight glide ring.

We've been to KEPM once.  "The Eastern most township in the USA".  I've look across that bit of water at Grand Manan Island, in Canada which has an airport there that is a canpass airport, so you can fly to it.  I mean to do that one of these days.

1 hour ago, KLRDMD said:

No particular goals but I did get a tailwheel endorsement

Pass 2,500TT. Maybe do the single engine ATP add on if I have a single engine airplane in 2021:o

If you're a seaplane pilot with enough hours, go do your ATP SEL & SES in the same checkride with a longtime client of mine.  You pick: Husky or Beaver

http://www.ryanseaplanes.com/