CFI

JayM

1 hour ago, JayM said:

Would anyone know of a CFI around the Pensacola area that could check me out in a mooney that I just purchased. 

Hey @JayM have you checked the Mooneyflyer? There are CFI listed in there by State. In your case someone in Alabama might be closer. Im in fernandina beach but I don’t mind traveling. I’ll be flying over PNS Thursday.  List your Mooney type and insurance reqs for the CFI. They have been pretty picky here lately. 

1 hour ago, MooneyPoor said:

Hey @JayM have you checked the Mooneyflyer? There are CFI listed in there by State. In your case someone in Alabama might be closer. Im in fernandina beach but I don’t mind traveling. I’ll be flying over PNS Thursday.  List your Mooney type and insurance reqs for the CFI. They have been pretty picky here lately. 

I think I found a guy I just want to take it home to NC

Jay, insurance companies usually give you a few requirements with that check out...

• hours of dual
  • hours of solo
  • requirements for your CFI in terms of hours in Mooneys...

The cool thing about Transition Training... you cover all the insurance requirements while learning a few details about your plane... and... you get to pick up some details about X-Country flying in the fast lane... :)

In the event you haven’t found a CFI yet, or the one you have falls through...

My favorite Mooney CFII lives in Florida...

See if @mike_elliott has openings in his schedule...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If anyone needs an experienced Mooney CFI, I am based in South Florida. 1200 Hours Dual Given, 2500 TT, furloughed airline pilot. I have been teaching for over a decade and enjoy what I do. I have experience in Mooney C/E/Bravo. References available if needed.

Edited by CaptRyan729

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure this has long been taken care of, but if you're reading this in the future... see if you can find someone local and fly them with you to your new plane and then fly back home with them. This is sort of how I did mine. I am PP only and the weather didn't cooperate for me to get the transition training done in Texas. So we picked a day that I could fly VFR back to Memphis with him and then I paid my transition CFI's room and board and flight back home.

• Thanks 1