Looking for 71 M20E panel drawings or template

I have a M20E that I have been slowly modernizing. I am replacing a large number of analog engine instruments with a CGR-30P and this means that I will have a bunch of holes in my right side panel. Does anyone have drawings for the post 69 panels? I am all setup to cut a panel with a CNC router I have access too but I would like to take a stab at making a panel before I remove the old one. I have tried reaching out to Mooney since about January and I have heard nothing back after pinging them about once every 5 or so weeks.

I have a ACAD drawing for my 1970 M20C should be the same as the 1971 m20e. IM me your email and I can send it to you.

What i learned and would do different is the spacing of the cut outs. I should have spaced the instruments further apart. When I wanted to update a few things I couldn't because the cases of the new instruments were a little bit bigger and didn't fit (See For Sale section).

N9495V.JPG.6ab9f9afa22162f69c99af384b519f30.JPG

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Schinderhannes said:

I have a ACAD drawing for my 1970 M20C should be the same as the 1971 m20e. IM me your email and I can send it to you.

What i learned and would do different is the spacing of the cut outs. I should have spaced the instruments further apart. When I wanted to update a few things I couldn't because the cases of the new instruments were a little bit bigger and didn't fit (See For Sale section).

N9495V.JPG.6ab9f9afa22162f69c99af384b519f30.JPG

Hey there old friend!  The Avidyne is working great that I bought earlier in the year!  Can you send me that ACAD file please?  

If you haven't pulled the trigger already...I'd think really hard about the CGR...I had the dual screen (P&C).  While I really liked the units my experience was very frustrating.  I was down for more than a month as the units had to be shipped back to EI and be updated (and didn't fix my problem btw), they had a huge batch of bad probes and unfortunately I helped identify the problem...Lastly, I was still getting random reboots during flight.  EI was always very nice and tried hard to help me, but nonetheless, I never had a satisfactory solution.   I know 3 other planes that had fairly similar experiences, though I'm sure there are plenty of stories of happy customers.  I really liked them and wish they would have worked.. 

Personally I will never have EI again.  It will be JPI or garmin EIS.

-K

Edited by Kris_Adams

3 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

That’s what I’d do, it’s basic sheet metal skills.

Clarence

I have the tools to do this however, I want do a mockup before I commit to removing the right side panel. The other argument is I have all the tools and software to lay it out in cad and make it repeatable which is nice if anyone else ever needed one.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kris_Adams said:

If you haven't pulled the trigger already...I'd think really hard about the CGR...I had the dual screen (P&C).  While I really liked the units my experience was very frustrating.  I was down for more than a month as the units had to be shipped back to EI and be updated (and didn't fix my problem btw), they had a huge batch of bad probes and unfortunately I helped identify the problem...Lastly, I was still getting random reboots during flight.  EI was always very nice and tried hard to help me, but nonetheless, I never had a satisfactory solution.   I know 3 other planes that had fairly similar experiences, though I'm sure there are plenty of stories of happy customers.  I really liked them and wish they would have worked.. 

Personally I will never have EI again.  It will be JPI or garmin EIS.

-K

I have not committed just yet, I have had pretty good experiences with the few CGR-30Ps I have dealt with. I would be interested to here if the MVP-50 is any better, I have also had pretty good experiences with it in a Thrush 710. I looked heavily at the GI-275 EIS and I could not see a way to configure it with out spending about 7K on the unit and sensors. I have a JPI 700 currently that I am replacing, in theory I could go with the JPI but I am really not very happy with experiences with the 900 or 830 I have played with.

I see your based out of Griffin, I soon will also be based out of Griffin.