High Density Connectors - Not a fan - do not reccomend

Yetti

Connectors on the back of our fancy electronics.    The old serial ports on computers are a DB9 or DB25.  The are standard density.   Garmin on the 430 has a 78 pin connector.   They are very small pins and such.   As you can imagine my paws are on the larger size.   Luckily there were only about 8 wires to connect.   Or you can pay someone .6 AMU to build up a harness with the 8 wires connected for you.

Edited by Yetti
  • Like 1

At the extreme end, can you spot the bent pins?  Hint... there’s 5.

Within reason, multiple-pin connectors can clean up a lot of mess behind the panel.  At least it did in my case.  

Disclaimer, this connector is not in my C.  

image.png

20 minutes ago, 47U said:

I think I found them.  Pins 11, 12, 14, 103, 104.  I see a bunch of others I would adjust before I tried to connect it again.  Like 17, 31, 43, and 86 to name a few.  What's your 4th?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 47U said:

Within reason, multiple-pin connectors can clean up a lot of mess behind the panel.  At least it did in my case.  

Disclaimer, this connector is not in my C.  

image.png

2 seconds to find the ones around the outer ring.   I am no fun at the movies, I can see the missed edits and other things out of place.

• Like 1

2 seconds to find the ones around the outer ring.   I am no fun at the movies, I can see the missed edits and other things out of place.

Isn’t that the usual case, because they weren’t aligned, so the outer pins are first to make contact, and get bent?
This could be prevented if they had longer sleeves to prevent misalignment.

4 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

Isn’t that the usual case, because they weren’t aligned, so the outer pins are first to make contact, and get bent?
This could be prevented if they had longer sleeves to prevent misalignment.

i would think it's a fail of the tech.   Everyone knows Align and straight in and straight out on connectors.  I would bet those were bent on removal because someone was not pulling straight out and let it twist.    The cannon connectors on the Mooney are pretty good as they force straight in and straight out till the pins are not engaged.

• Like 1