M20R Ovation Wanted

TheStig

On 12/25/2020 at 12:17 PM, KLRDMD said:

Most of those issues should have been covered with good transition training with someone knowledgeable with not only Mooneys (MP determines gear warning horn) but the installed avionics.

Indeed. And it was with a Mooney transition instructor that 1) we did the transition training (M20E to M20J which is not very different) and 2) he checked the MP setting that kept the horn from going off and it was HE that suggested it could be set to something a different. Even the previous owner noted that it would come on a little early in the approach to landing process although he was ok with higher speeds in the pattern than I am, he too noted it was an issue and it could be annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Niko182 said:

If you don't mind me asking, why are you buying 2 mooneys? 

I already bought 1. It’s for my club. But the club is based in Denver and I live in Florida. I need a fast machine to get me to Denver first and foremost. But I have clients other places including the Bahamas so some trips there will be happening in the future.

• Like 2

Just now, TheStig said:

I already bought 1. It’s for my club. But the club is based in Denver and I live in Florida. I need a fast machine to get me to Denver first and foremost. But I have clients other places including the Bahamas so some trips there will be happening in the future.

Makes sense. As a long distance cruiser, the M, R, S, and TN are incredible machines especially considering they come stock with 100 gallon tanks.

• Like 1

Stig, you did see the brand new Ultra that Jonny posted in some other thread? I know it is expensive, but if this is a business purchase maybe you can swing it, with money being cheap.

2 hours ago, TheStig said:

I don't know yet. I have no experience with the Ovation but looking forward to strapping one on and going places.

Let us know how it goes (probably going down the same track J to O)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tmo said:

Stig, you did see the brand new Ultra that Jonny posted in some other thread? I know it is expensive, but if this is a business purchase maybe you can swing it, with money being cheap.

Money is expected to be cheap for another year... if your lending institution is related to the US fed reserve.

Ibra probably follows the Libor...

Need to get past this Covid-19 thing... and get everybody working again...

There is one Ovation at the factory... ready to be completed 

PP thoughts only, not an economist.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mike Haehnle said:

Congrats, Yarvi!  Looks familiar.  :-)  We just picked up ours about a month ago.  We couldn't be happier with our choice.

Mike311pd.thumb.jpg.83d44bf3c67e19786e5f429a1fbeb434.jpg

I looked at that one online. It was priced WELL, WELL below market (the broker had no idea what he had listed) and was in escrow by the time I inquired. After an avionics upgrade that should be a great airplane for a long time.

We were very lucky! I just happen to be the first person to get to the broker. He actually knew what he had, but the seller set the price. He was the original owner, was no longer able to fly and just wanted it to go to a good home. The engine is past TBO, but still very strong.  We thought the same...after an avionics upgrade, and eventually a new engine, we should have a pretty solid bird for a really reasonable investment. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mike Haehnle said:

We were very lucky! I just happen to be the first person to get to the broker. He actually knew what he had, but the seller set the price. He was the original owner, was no longer able to fly and just wanted it to go to a good home. The engine is past TBO, but still very strong.  We thought the same...after an avionics upgrade, and eventually a new engine, we should have a pretty solid bird for a really reasonable investment. 

The broker didn't mention in the ad that this was a Known Ice TKS airplane and had the 310 HP upgrade (and totally listed it incorrectly as to the "STC" it had). That's $100k in value. I'm glad it went to a good home. I'm not sure it was the right airplane for me but I was asking questions about it.

Just now, KLRDMD said:

The broker didn't mention in the ad that this was a Known Ice TKS airplane and had the 310 HP upgrade (and totally listed it incorrectly as to the "STC" it had). That's $100k in value. I'm glad it went to a good home. I'm not sure it was the right airplane for me but I was asking questions about it.

Was that the one priced at 149k? With 2800 since overhaul and 800 top? Ish

1 minute ago, Niko182 said:

Was that the one priced at 149k? With 2800 since overhaul and 800 top? Ish

https://www.usaaircraft.com/aircraft-for-sale/221/1995-mooney-ovation-m20r

It says "a recently overhauled engine."

I've bought and sold a lot of airplanes in my flying career. I've discussed possible purchases with this company more than once but unfortunately on almost every occasion I have found their brokers to be totally clueless as to the specifics of the airplane they had listed.

29 minutes ago, KLRDMD said:

https://www.usaaircraft.com/aircraft-for-sale/221/1995-mooney-ovation-m20r

It says "a recently overhauled engine."

I've bought and sold a lot of airplanes in my flying career. I've discussed possible purchases with this company more than once but unfortunately on almost every occasion I have found their brokers to be totally clueless as to the specifics of the airplane they had listed.

Someone got really lucky. Dam. I would guess that thing should go at least 70k higher.

9 hours ago, KLRDMD said:

I looked at that one online. It was priced WELL, WELL below market (the broker had no idea what he had listed) and was in escrow by the time I inquired. After an avionics upgrade that should be a great airplane for a long time.

I was number 2 on that one. Money in escrow and all. Was hoping I would get lucky but someone else did and good for them. I was just a little too slow getting my ducks in a row.

8 hours ago, Niko182 said:

Someone got really lucky. Dam. I would guess that thing should go at least 70k higher.

Engine overhaul was an option. It was not part of that price. Add about $40k for the overhaul option and you’re looking at $170k. Still a good deal.

5 hours ago, TheStig said:

Engine overhaul was an option. It was not part of that price. Add about $40k for the overhaul option and you’re looking at $170k. Still a good deal.

Whats the deal with this one: https://www.controller.com/listing/for-sale/195764623/1998-mooney-m20r-ovation-piston-single-aircraft

Let's kick the tires and discuss! :)

21 minutes ago, FJC said:

Its been sitting a while. It gets posted every now and then, but those same pictures were used 4 years ago when i was looking at ovations. 

13 minutes ago, Niko182 said:

Its been sitting a while. It gets posted every now and then, but those same pictures were used 4 years ago when i was looking at ovations. 

I notice there are quite of bit of stale listings. One guy I called started he sold a plane 4 years ago! Amazing. 

14 minutes ago, Parker_Woodruff said:

I was chasing this one, but I'm glad you won after our household plumbing incident :rolleyes:.  Congrats!:)

Thanks, Parker!  Sorry to hear about your "plumbing incident"...those are seldom a good thing!

You'll be getting a call from me at renewal time.

Happy New Year!

• Like 1