New(again) Mooney Flyer — FHB

MooneyPoor

MP,

How long ago did you have your other Mooney?

I think I remember your screen name from many years ago... your current screen name only shows a couple of years...

Or it could be my imagination... I’ve been Mooney poor since I started flying one 20 years ago... :)

Best regards,

-a-

11 hours ago, carusoam said:

MP,

How long ago did you have your other Mooney?

I think I remember your screen name from many years ago... your current screen name only shows a couple of years...

Or it could be my imagination... I’ve been Mooney poor since I started flying one 20 years ago... :)

Best regards,

-a-

I’ve been lurking for awhile before I joined a couple years ago. My last Mooney I had just over a year. I did the Mooney  formation clinic with Bob and the great folks in Hickory NC in 19 but a brake issue kept me from OSH; had known 2020 would’ve turned out like this I may have changed some priorities and figured out a way!

• Like 1

I hope you are nice to her. I owned her for ten years or more and did the interior and paint.  Interior at Salem, OR, painted later at Sunquest in Everett, WA with new glass all around.  Scheme Designers did the layout.  She had 980 hours when i got her at Marietta, Ga.  had engine overhauled at Western Skyways about 2 years later due to high oil consumption.  We spent about 1200 hours together.  Had to go Light Sport for a couple years, got Basic Med the day after it came out,  next day called owner to see if he would like to sell it back.  No interest at that time so I bought my current J.

You have one of nicest and well cared for Mooneys on the planet.  Good luck and enjoy a great plane!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2020 at 11:42 PM, gacoon said:

I hope you are nice to her. I owned her for ten years or more and did the interior and paint.  Interior at Salem, OR, painted later at Sunquest in Everett, WA with new glass all around.  Scheme Designers did the layout.  She had 980 hours when i got her at Marietta, Ga.  had engine overhauled at Western Skyways about 2 years later due to high oil consumption.  We spent about 1200 hours together.  Had to go Light Sport for a couple years, got Basic Med the day after it came out,  next day called owner to see if he would like to sell it back.  No interest at that time so I bought my current J.

You have one of nicest and well cared for Mooneys on the planet.  Good luck and enjoy a great plane!

That’s awesome that you owned this Mooney! It’s always helpful to know some history. I hope to take great care of 02B for sure. I was searching around on here to see if 02B had anyone listed as owner but didn’t see anything. The “current former” owner moved to a cabin class bird from what I understand.  I was just fortunate to get the email from Jimmy and jump on it. 

I hope I can contact you for any questions that may come up down the road. 

Frank

• Like 1

Picked up 02B from Jimmy’s place in Texas yesterday. Flew back to Fernandina non-stop, just about 5hrs with a couple changes for military airspace near Eglin. Had a nice tailwind spending a large part of the day at 11500 and near 200kts GS. 

9AB67BC8-B5DA-454A-B077-5CAC27C9F62E.jpeg

80BF3607-261E-499A-B67A-F0082C9BF005.jpeg

9C193483-E9C5-429F-A079-8642B2677CEC.jpeg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, carusoam said:

195kts using 8.6gph is only 22.7mpg...  (sense my jovial understatement)

Try that in your favorite automobile...

:)

Go Mooney!

Congrats on bringing home the fastest NA, factory built, four cylinder airplane!

Best regards,

-a-

Thought this ground speed was perfect! I did see 205kts briefly over NOLA but even down at 7500’ I was still 190kts on 9gph avg. just a perfect day to go east!

9DF736D1-9DD4-4BD0-8887-35E99C693560.jpeg

• Like 2

On 12/21/2020 at 5:09 PM, Raptor05121 said:

Awesome and beautiful bird. I'm based over at Lake City and am in the area often. We should meet up one of these days

@Raptor05121 Definitely, I’m home for two weeks at a time and don’t need much convincing to go fly!