Looking For A Factory Paint Job

V1VRV2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 9:32 PM, JustSomeGuy said:

mooney10.jpg

Wait a minute there...

You are not just some guy...

You used to be @orangemtl

That would be your initials right in the the tail number...

:)

Nice to see you are back!

Time flys at Mooney Speeds...

Talk about a memorable paint scheme... 

Best regards,

-a-

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

My wife, not coincidentally dubbed 730ML ‘Nemo’!

LOVED that plane. But they’re expensive. It was like dating a swimsuit model: with a gambling addiction! Aircraft are like that. Saw that it’s on the market for maybe $389K. Kudos to the pilot who flies her. 

Currently seeking an M20C, or perhaps a J.  My wife cried when we sold 730ML, and now encourages me daily to find another Mooney for us.

Best. Wife. Ever!

Glad to be back. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Brian E. said:

Damn...the orange was nice but that is slick!

I did really like the orange in the pictures, but the previous owner had some paint work done on the cowling and it didn’t match very well, plus the logo on the tail wasn’t vinyl.  Lastly, while orange is my favorite color, the color looked better in pictures.  In real life it was more neon orange, which I didn’t care for. 
Okeechobee painting did the work.  
I am happy with what I got for what I paid, and while I would not hesitate to say it was a good value, the work is not top tier.  I would say it’s average to slightly above.

However, they did everything on my punch list immediately, provided me with some touch up paint, and finished on time. 
The other quotes were substantially higher, and more importantly, 7-12 months out so I am extremely satisfied. 

• Like 1

My airplane was painted on site at Kerrville at the Mooney Factory a few years back.  The paint did not hold up well at all, which is sad.  I recently reached out to someone on this board as I wanted to consider revisiting the factory for an annual again, and...no reply.  I hope things improve there....

7 hours ago, glbtrottr said:

My airplane was painted on site at Kerrville at the Mooney Factory a few years back.  The paint did not hold up well at all, which is sad.  I recently reached out to someone on this board as I wanted to consider revisiting the factory for an annual again, and...no reply.  I hope things improve there....

I dont know when they shut the factory paint shop up, but that was surely quite a while ago, prior to the 2009 closure and ownership change. Paint has been one of the issues regardless of where it is done.  A state of the art paint shop would be subordinated to a body in white and wrap if I was in charge of the world.

20 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

I dont know when they shut the factory paint shop up, but that was surely quite a while ago, prior to the 2009 closure and ownership change. Paint has been one of the issues regardless of where it is done.  A state of the art paint shop would be subordinated to a body in white and wrap if I was in charge of the world.

Emperor?

• Haha 1