GA in Bosnia

Oscar Avalle

Let’s send an invite to the conversation to [mention=15574]tmo[/mention]...
He may be the closest MSer in the region, about 500 miles away...
can you get a pre-purchase inspection of the job site, before buying the job?  
Sounds like a big challenge.  Good luck with the next steps.
Best regards,
-a-

Not decided yet... I need to evaluate if it works for me and my family, and of course for my Mooney...

But can’t do a pre buy...
Oscar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

I can't speak for the Balkans, but while GA in Europe is different from the US (much smaller, more fragmented, etc) it can work and be fun. Each country is different, and while EASA is slowly harmonizing regulation across the member states (countries), there often are noticeable regional differences. You can offset those by keeping the plane with the FAA, and that is what I'd strongly recommend - mine is a N-reg. I'd also expect GA to be noticeably more expensive - not sure about Bosnia and Herzegovina, but in Poland a US gallon of 100LL costs $9.73.

If you are seriously considering both the move and taking the plane with you, I can put you in touch with a person from Croatia that knows GA in the Balkans. There is also a fairly active European GA forum, which can be a good resource.

@brndiar can hopefully offer some additional info, maybe @Guillaume or @Lucas

• Like 1

Great info shared, gents!

I once drove from Milan to Ljubljana, Slovenia...

Bringing some US engineers to see a really modern Pharmaceutical factory...

The engineers ended up buying the same things that were being used in Slovenia, that were built in Milan... to be installed in NJ...

Wish I had my Mooney over there... :)

Hours of driving, lots of farm fields....

Best regards,

-a-

Hello,

i have been few times in Croatia   : Pula, Split, Brac, Dubrovnik,... very easy flying with ATC and GA friendly for both IFR VFR also on the ground. I have seen sarakevo is now open for Ga (was not few years ago). This country is not un EU you should check the rules for importing your plane. As general rule in Europe EU you will have to pay for import taxes 20% of the value of the plane. You may keep US registrations using trustee company. As average also fuel cost is 2x the cost of US. Also to check for AVGAS availability in Sarajevo is indicated no AVGAS if you are a « visitor ». I am based in LFMA France with my M20J flying across Europe is not a problem. Philip

• Like 1