M20c panel upgrade in progress

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

Click on mav’s inverted pic...

It is self righting... :)

-a-

B8BB53A2-D562-41FC-BE71-D290718D1C0F.jpeg

Coming along nicely @67 m20F chump.   I like the grey.

Here's one thing to consider if it's not too late:  unless you have something to insert at the top of that stack, and if the audio panel depth allows, I recommend moving everything up and leaving the bottom of the stack empty.   My transponder is down there where your are turning that knob in the photo, and I find that it is awkward to punch in the xponder code over those engine control knobs.  Especially so when given a new code in flight during turbulence.   Whenever I redo my stack, I'm going to move everything up if able.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 1:27 PM, Tahir K said:

Can I ask how much he charged for that swap? Currently have an 830 (paid for by the previous owner) and am looking to swap for the 900 as well. Couldn't find anyone that had a price estimate for me.

Yes, he's giving me $1,100 as a trade in for the 830.  I'm also NOT installing a couple of other gauges I would have needed (Fuel Pressure / Ammeter, and Fuel Level gauges). That saved me a couple thousand. Over all I'm only paying about $2,200 more.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 1:27 PM, Tahir K said:

Can I ask how much he charged for that swap? Currently have an 830 (paid for by the previous owner) and am looking to swap for the 900 as well. Couldn't find anyone that had a price estimate for me.

Yes, he's giving me $1,100 as a trade in for the 830.  I'm also NOT installing a couple of other gauges I would have needed (Fuel Pressure / Ammeter, and Fuel Level gauges). That saved me a couple thousand. Over all I'm only paying about $2,200 more.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 12/15/2020 at 9:33 PM, carusoam said:

Click on mav’s inverted pic...

It is self righting... :)

-a-

B8BB53A2-D562-41FC-BE71-D290718D1C0F.jpeg

@carusoam I know this has been quite a while, but did you have any issues with the panel tilt exceeding the 15 deg. allowable for the G5s? We’re having this issue as we show around 2.5 deg. nose down in level flight with the pitch offset on the G5 maxed out.