Where did you mount the Flightstream 210?

Glen Davis

I'm having the FS 210 installed next week by a shop that has not installed one before.  Where in the Mooney (mine is a J) have you installed the FS 210?  I read a few comments about poor Bluetooth reception if the unit is mounted in the tail and the radio, obviously, is in the panel.  Thoughts, suggestions, pictures?   Please specify your aircraft model.  If you don't know the answer, feel free to make one up :)     Always a fun read!

Thanks,

Glen N50540

The FS 210 has internal motion and pressure sensors and must be mounted with the front of the unit oriented toward the front of the aircraft (there's a big arrow on the housing).  Mine is just below the radio stack.  It's a tiny unit; takes up virtually no space.  I don't see why anyone would want to mount it somewhere other than the avionics area.

• Like 1