How many Mooneys are based at your home field?

RLCarter

1 hour ago, Hyett6420 said:

3 at EGTR there were 4 but the airport manager doesn’t understand customer service so pissed off @G-SLOT so he went elsewhere. 

2 201s and a 205. Mine of course is the best Mooney in the whole of the UK. ;)  

I though one of the 201s at EGTR is now a 196 (i.e. what a 201 becomes without inner gear doors).

• Haha 1

According to Airnav there are 454 aircraft based at KBJC with 316 of them being single engine airplanes. I know of at least 6 Mooneys just in the East T's where my hangar is. That includes @Matt Ward and @Warren. There are 4 more that I see parked out on the ramp. 

It's a new but enjoyable experience for me being based at a big and busy airport.

KOSA, Mt. Pleasant, Tx.  Two F’s, two J’s and an Ovation.  It’s a 6,000 ft. Strip with about 40 T hangars, six 70x70 hangars like mine.  These are city owned.  Then there are about twelve privately owned hangars including 4 Citations a King Air, a few 414/421’s and various and sundry other planes.  Then there is the Flight Museum full of warbirds.

One of the best airports in Texas as evidenced by its Mooney population.:) 

13 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

According to Airnav there are 454 aircraft based at KBJC with 316 of them being single engine airplanes. I know of at least 6 Mooneys just in the East T's where my hangar is. That includes @Matt Ward and @Warren. There are 4 more that I see parked out on the ramp. 

It's a new but enjoyable experience for me being based at a big and busy airport.

I know of 7 hangered at BJC (including me and @gsxrpilot ) plus the additional Mooney's on the ramp.  That brings the count up to 12.

• Like 1

Seems like most of us have sibling aircraft at our location. We get 3 to 5 transit Mooneys fairly regular, I remember this ol guy that came in the FBO and saw my Mooney hat and the conversation began. I asked what year his “C” was and his reply was “Son, it’s so old it still has a dirt floor”

• Haha 2

@carusoamHere's what Kathryn's report notes:

The pilot-rated owner reported that he was allowing another pilot to build time in his airplane to qualify for the airplane's insurance. During the accident flight, the pilot occupied the left seat, and the owner occupied the right seat. During takeoff after a touch-and-go landing, the pilot rotated a bit early, and the airplane settled back onto the runway. He aborted the takeoff, applied heavy braking, and the airplane fishtailed and then veered left. The owner took the flight controls, but the airplane exited left of the runway and impacted a ditch.

The pilot reported that, during the familiarization flight to practice touch-and-go landings, on the second takeoff, he aborted the takeoff because he realized that he did not have enough runway available. He applied heavy braking, and the airplane veered left into a swamp.

The owner added that he was sitting in the right seat and that the right seat position does not have brakes. He believed that his "inexperience at controlling the airplane from the right seat" also contributed to the accident.

Sad indeed.  We gotta keep our fleet well loved and intact!

• Thanks 1