Mooney on the Ramp!!

211º

I find that when I arrive at an airport via plane or car and see a Mooney on the ramp, I immediately think:

"Oooh.  A Mooney."

Then I think, "I wonder where he/she just came from an how they use their bird."

Then I think, "I wonder if I know them on MooneySpace."

Anyone else have similar thoughts? 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, 211º said:

I find that when I arrive at an airport via plane or car and see a Mooney on the ramp, I immediately think:

"Oooh.  A Mooney."

Then I think, "I wonder where he/she just came from an how they use their bird."

Then I think, "I wonder if I know them on MooneySpace."

Anyone else have similar thoughts? 

Yep, I often write down the N number to look up later. I do the same thing in flight when I hear a Mooney check in with ATC.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, MooneyMitch said:

After landing at an airport for an offield lunch, when I return and see a Mooney parked on the ramp....... I too look up the N number, only to discover it’s mine!!!  This could possibly be an age related issue.:blink:

quickly forgetting what you're talking about is a serious issue called...wait a sec, what was the question?

• Haha 1

A friend of mine was in his doctors office for some test results.......doc said, Frank I’ve got some rather bad news for you!

2 things Frank, the doc says...number 1, your tests reveal you have some cancer.  2nd,  I believe you’re showing possible signs of dimentia.......Frank sighs, and replies...... whew, at least I don’t have cancer ! :(

This is only an attempt at jocularity.  :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

50/50... the chances that a Mooney pilot is also an MSer...

There are some people that just aren’t social media able... :(

75/25... The chances that a Mooney pilot is also an MSer at a Fly-in...

99/1...  the chances that a Mooney pilot is also an MSer at a formation event...

Hey Mooney pilot... Are you an MSer?

:)

The Mooney world is quite large, yet it gets smaller every day...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Expect that to say Cripes...

In some parts of the US you may here somebody that is exasperated spout the phrase “Christ All Mighty”...

The phrase gets cleaned up a bit when adjusted to Cripes All Mighty...

Adjusted for the Mooney world... Cripes Al Mooney is perfect! :)

I really dig the D-Day stripes on a good laminar flow wing... that is classic P51 type aviation art.

PP thoughts only, not a linguist...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

The other day I landed in an airport west of Tucson and low and behold there was a Mooney with the cowl off but engine running.I walked over and introduced myself and was told the story about why it was there. The wife was flying when it swallowed a valve and she performed an emergency landing.The plane was a wooden winged Mooney and they had replaced the jugs and was completing the post flight test flight so I got to watch the father aged 79 fly it out to its california home. In all this I got to meet the wife,her husband and the father and get to see an original wooden wing Mooney. Overall a great day

• Like 6