FS: New Tanis Cabin Heaters $418

We are proud to bring to market select Tanis Aircraft Products, specifically the THP3094-500 cabin heater. This is a great companion device to go along with your SwitcheOn and can be temporarily or permanently installed in your aircraft. I use the Tanis cabin heater as part of my pre-heating solution to include the engine block heater and engine cover - all powered by SwitcheOn. This ensures N11GG is ready to fly when I get to the airport. It has a 500W heating element, which helps provide a wide margin for the 15 Amp SwitcheOn and allows you to run other electrical devices without worrying about blowing a fuse or popping a breaker in your outlets. 

You can buy the Tanis cabin heater on my SwitcheOn page at:
https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/tanis.html
gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <--- Email me here
1-833-425-5288 <--- Call me here 

Avionics/Cabin Heater with pin connector

Includes Isolation feet and 6 foot long cable for easy use on floor of aircraft. (TPS3129)
Note: Extension cord to get to your aircraft or inlet/outlets not included.
Output: 500 watts ± 10%
Required power: AC 100-240 Volt – 50/60 Hz
Dimensions: 5.9 x 5.7 x 1.8 inches (150 x 145 x 45 mm) Approximate
Weight: 1.50 lbs (0.68 Kg) Approximate (Install hardware not included)
Heater Lead length: 6 inches (150 mm) Approximate

Ratings:
UL: 20150703-E239394
TUV RHEINLAND: R 50314338
CE: R 50314338 P.1-4_CE

* PMA subcomponent of Tanis STC systems.

thp3094-500_17-may-2017_exhaust1.jpg

thp3094-500_17-may-2017_intake1.jpg

thp3094-500_line_drawing1.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm shipping one of these out on Monday. They are a safe and reliable cabin preheating system. I turn mine on an hour or two before I go flying to warm up the cabin. That and my Reiff preheater make a solid combination for quickly dispatching on super cold days.

4 minutes ago, philiplane said:

Nice product! 

Looks way more trustworthy than the Chinese ceramic heaters that have burned a few planes in their hangars.

Yes, that is something that keeps me up at night. People’s home grown heating contraptions with a $9.99 ceramic heater.  That and my 2 year old keep me up. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
I just received more Tanis cabin heaters in stock. These work perfectly with SwitcheOn and are PMA approved. You can keep them portable or I also have a companion kit in stock to permanently install it in your aircraft. Price is still the same at $380 (amazing huh?) plus shipping.

www.gallagheraviationllc.com/tanis <--- Order it here for $380 plus shipping.

• 2 months later...

I have a great inventory of the Tanis cabin heaters with more on the way. When remotely activated with SwitcheOn, they are good for about a 40 degree rise in the ambient air temperature in your cabin. I turn mine on several hours before I go flying during the winter so the cabin, instruments, and avionics are nice and warm at start up.

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/tanis.html <-- Order the Tanis cabin heater here.

TanisCabinHeater1.jpeg

TanisCabinHeater2.jpeg

On 1/10/2022 at 11:42 PM, carusoam said:

Great question Pete!

I was wondering how the airflow was getting by…

Lets ask @OSUAV8TER…. If that is the operating position, or just sitting there temporarily…?

Best regards,

-a-

That is the operating position. The fan to draw air into the heater is on top in the photo and then it blows out the side. It is safe to do. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2022 at 8:24 AM, OSUAV8TER said:

The fan to draw air into the heater is on top in the photo and then it blows out the side.

Ah yes, I guess I had seen the side vents in the photo, but didn't make the connection that it wasn't a standard flow-thru like the majority of heaters. 

And I have to admit it looks like a box fan, so I had that in the back of my mind.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Rocket 305 said:

Tanis offers this as a kit with a thermostat and cable kit. Are those required for normal use?

No they are not and I carry those same thermostat and cable kit. That is only required if you permanently install it.

So, assuming it is not installed permanently, and assuming that it will sufficiently warm the cabin on a cold day (I mean Chicago cold), it seems like it should be putting out a lot of BTUs. This week it started in the 20s dF and a couple weeks from today, maybe its in the 50s. How do you regulate the temperature without a thermostat?

Tanis used to have heated mats, I don't see them on their website, any knowledge why they discontinued them?

Cheers,

Michael

14 hours ago, Rocket 305 said:

So, assuming it is not installed permanently, and assuming that it will sufficiently warm the cabin on a cold day (I mean Chicago cold), it seems like it should be putting out a lot of BTUs. This week it started in the 20s dF and a couple weeks from today, maybe its in the 50s. How do you regulate the temperature without a thermostat?

Tanis used to have heated mats, I don't see them on their website, any knowledge why they discontinued them?

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael,

If it is the portable Tanis heater option then there is no thermostat and it continues to run until you turn it off by unplugging it or you can use SwitcheOn to remotely turn it off, which is what I do. I turn my heater on several hours before I go flying in the winter with SwitcheOn and that way the cabin is warm soaked when I get out to the airport. It isn't an extremely powerful heater but it is designed for an aircraft cabin. The cheap ceramic heaters are overkill for a small airplane cabin. This is only a 500W heater that pulls about 4-5 amps. I don't have a BTU output rating.

Tanis no longer manufacturers the heated aircraft covers. I was told the story why once but I don't recall exactly. Had something to do with them and Bruce's Custom Covers not treating them right.

Tanis has the cabin heater for $418 now and I still have them for $380. So we'll be looking to do a price increase here soon. 

• OSUAV8TER changed the title to FS: New Tanis Cabin Heaters $418

I have an excellent inventory of Tanis cabin and engine block heaters. The Tanis cabin heater has the feature to be wired to the engine block heater and permanently installed in the aircraft with add-on kits. I remotely activate my Tanis cabin heater with SwitcheOn (See SwitcheOn here) so my cabin is nice and warm when I get out to the airport. It is an essential part of my preheating and preflight activity in the winter.

Tanis Cabin and Engine Preheating Solutions <-- Click here to check out our Tanis preheating solutions

1-833-425-5288 <-- Call me here

gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <-- Email me here

TanisCabinHeater2.jpeg

TanisCabinHeater1.jpeg