GFC500 certification is complete for E model

Wes

Just imagine all the free time that will occur when Otto perfectly flys the plane... 

Excellent opportunity to take pics and manage your MS profile!

May require really good cell service that is known to exist over the city of Miami using  a Samsung device...

:)

Forward looking statement only... future performance may not be similar to past performances....

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Let us know what options you went with too. My shop is highly pushing me to include a trim servo. Apparently when the autopilot is off the 500 will auto trim as you reconfigure. Similar to the ESP system we have in the newer G1000's.

-robert

I’m with your shop on this...but YD I’m not convinced.

In order to certify GFC500 for each type and model, every option is installed and tested. The yaw damper is NICE.

As for my plane...along with the GFC500 install, we changed the 430W out for a 650 and the 330ES transponder for a remote 345. This allowed more room for the mode controller. I'll try to get some pictures later today...after I get back from playing...I mean flying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Remote transponder... Brilliant!

The short bodies got so little panel space for everything...

The radio stack only fits tiny things in at the top... (tube interference)

Best regards,

-a-

The center stack in my C has room at the top . . . .

20150524_220750.thumb.jpg.30b65f8bda48c485b06da9ae0ff6e94f.jpg

I just don't have many pictures of this part.

• Like 1

I put it in a descending bank with A/P off...pressed LVL and let go of the yoke. Plane rolled out straight and level. Also, the yaw damper is verrry nice. Everything that I did today worked flawlessly.....it's very impressive. Going from a 430W to a GTN650, and no A/P to GFC500 is quite a change. There's no shortage of learning here.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

You misquoted me, that’s RobertGary post.

I just agree that I would get the trim servo.

Unlike Beechtalk where quotes can be layered to 3 deep, Mooneyspace only goes one level.   I tried to only get the relevant quote, not concerned with who said it.  It would be nice if Mooneyspace could go down another level or two.

On 12/5/2020 at 7:29 PM, RobertGary1 said:

I’ve not flown this specific system but the esp system in the g1000 is basically always on. You have to manually disable it for students to practice stalls because the autopilot, while off, will fight to avoid the stall. 

In your first post, if you're referring to ESP when the AP is off: banks between 45° and 60° turn the roll servo on with increasing torque with increasing bank to "nudge" you back to less than 30° of bank; pitching up +20° or down -15° does the same thing with pitch, "nudging" you back with increasing torque with increasing pitch in the positive or negative direction; and finally when airspeed is above 196 knots or less than 75 knots the pitch servos will "nudge" you back to within the airspeed limitations.  If you exceed any of the above limitations for more than 10 seconds, the AP turns on in LVL mode to bring you back to straight and level flight with 0° of roll and 0 fpm vertical speed.  It's pretty slick.  It CAN be disabled from the G5 (and 2 other ways) for practicing maneuvers such as the Commercial Maneuvers.

I was initially confused by the ESP because there is another feature that operates when the AP is on.  ESP works with the AP off.  Overspeed speed and Underspeed Protection works with the AP on.  LVL works all the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just found out that Garmin was certifying the GFC500 for my 66 M20C.  I've been waiting on BK (old TruTrack) to finish cert. for the last 18 months.  Just told last week another 6 months.  Frustrated.  I'd wait for Garmin, but from what I've read, for flight director cues it only works with the G5 and G3X.  I have an Aspen 2500 system.  Have inquiries in to Garmin but no answer.  Why can't everyone play together.   

1 hour ago, Lancer11A said:

Just found out that Garmin was certifying the GFC500 for my 66 M20C.  I've been waiting on BK (old TruTrack) to finish cert. for the last 18 months.  Just told last week another 6 months.  Frustrated.  I'd wait for Garmin, but from what I've read, for flight director cues it only works with the G5 and G3X.  I have an Aspen 2500 system.  Have inquiries in to Garmin but no answer.  Why can't everyone play together.   

I'm in the same boat. I have a 2500 MAX, and as much as it pains me, I'm thinking about using a G5 to drive the GFC500 after removing my stec50.  There is a guy on beechtalk that has a similar setup, and he's very happy with it. I love my Aspen setup, but genesys will prob not approve the 3100 for mooney in the foreseeable future, and I can't stomach removal of the 2500 MAX to replace it with a G3.