Mutt Muffs?

Amelia

On 12/15/2020 at 11:40 AM, cwaters said:

Kinda off topic, but for those with shedding machines. How do you handle all the fur or do you just accept it. I have an Aussie who sheds about another dog a day it seems. 

I brush mine once a week, and it takes about an hour to get him done. So not really an answer to your question but brush him well before the flight. 

• Thanks 1

I have had German Shorthairs for quite awhile. About to get a new pup. People often ask whether shorthaired dogs or long haired dogs shed more. I tell them the longhaired dogs shed less, but their hair is longer so it comes out about the same as the shorthaired dogs. The best thing you can do for it is match the couch and the suit you wear to work, to the dog.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jlunseth said:

I have had German Shorthairs for quite awhile. About to get a new pup. People often ask whether shorthaired dogs or long haired dogs shed more. I tell them the longhaired dogs shed less, but their hair is longer so it comes out about the same as the shorthaired dogs. The best thing you can do for it is match the couch and the suit you wear to work, to the dog.

We're partial to dogs with some Doodle in them. Then there's no shedding. Once you have a non-shedding dog, there's no going back.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 6:27 PM, anthem4arequiem said:

As promised, pictures from my Aussie's first flight. He was not thrilled, but liked it a lot better than when I left him on the ground and went up without him! And of course he moved right when I took a picture of us both and I didn't notice. 

20210127_174340.jpg

20210127_174344.jpg

20210127_174356.jpg

I cannot get the dog to keep the muffs on.  Neither our old now departed dog or new.  Best I can do is wrap a scarf around so she looks like an old lady.   

3 hours ago, FastTex said:

It might sound silly but...do you guys use oxygen with dogs if at altitude? 

I don't but I typically restrict operations to around 7000'.  You need to be especially careful when flying a "flat face" dog, such as a Pug or Maltese.  These breeds are especially susceptible to breathing issues at altitude.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, FastTex said:

It might sound silly but...do you guys use oxygen with dogs if at altitude? 

if I had a dog with me at altitude... yes, I would still use the O2... with or without the dog... :)

Its an interesting question...

because one of my favorite MSers spent a lot of time researching how to supply his prized dog with O2... while simultaneously learning how to fly...

In the end... I believe he adjusted the altitude he flew at instead...

probably had to train his dog how/when to pull the read handle...   :)

A quick sample of discussions with the words O2 and dog in them...

https://mooneyspace.com/search/?q=Dog oxygen&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=and

-a-

• 3 weeks later...