Missing Fuel Flow Information after Frimware update for JPI EDM830

Hello Mooniacs

Today I updated the Frimware for my JPI EDM830 and reset to Factory Settings, I noticed that my Fuel Flow Information is missing and all parameters related to fuel flow, I only have CHTs and EGTs, Volt and basic parameters, what could be the reason for that?

I wanted to see if anyone encountered such issue before calling JPI tomorrow.  

Thanks in Advance.  

MOUSTAFA JANAT  

If the update required a reset to factory settings, that means all the info about your FF sensor (and all other sensors like RPM and MAP) are gone.

Check the installation guide, it shows how to get to the setup menu for the FF, but you'll need to know what type of FF sensor (and how it's installed) you have from a couple options.

Quite honestly, if you're not familiar with that info, you'd probably want to go over this with your A&P to get everything set up again.

11 hours ago, Janat83 said:

Hello Mooniacs

Today I updated the Frimware for my JPI EDM830 and reset to Factory Settings, I noticed that my Fuel Flow Information is missing and all parameters related to fuel flow, I only have CHTs and EGTs, Volt and basic parameters, what could be the reason for that?

I wanted to see if anyone encountered such issue before calling JPI tomorrow.  

Thanks in Advance.  

MOUSTAFA JANAT  

When I updated my JPI EDM700 to an EDM830 I added fuel flow. It has been a couple of years but as I recall you are required to have the JPI switch in FF for it to recognize the fuel flow sensor after a new installation. After my installation the fuel flow wasn't recognized at first. After flipping the switch it was and everything worked normally. I suspect that the factory reset is the same.

Jim

Issue Solved, this is the reply I got from JPI. 

EDM 700.800730/830 factory reset.

Power the EDM up and let it go through the self-test and if asked to fill fuel tap step buttons a couple of times to clear it, hold both buttons down until you see program then release the buttons tap step or next to advance through the settings, write dow Hobbs, Tach, K-factor, GPC-, etc settings continue tapping until you see end but do not end, hold both buttons down until you see factory then release buttons, tap step or next to advance through settings, write down Main, Aux, ENC, etc, continue tapping next until you end program. Now is the time to download your flight data if you want to save it. If you have fuel flow put the external switch in fuel flow position.  Now get back into the Factory Limits and the first setting is FAC ? N, tap LF button to change to Y then tap step button, tap LF button until you see (Config and Data) 730/830 only, then tap step button, EDM will now reset itself a couple of times, once done resetting, go back into the Program and Factory Limits mode and re-enter your previously recorded data. If this does not fix your issue then EDM will have to come back to JPI.  

• Like 2